SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could I filter rRNA and tRNA by using Tophat or Cufflinks?? mart555 Bioinformatics 36 12-17-2014 06:35 PM
filter sequences from rRNA, tRNA cascoamarillo Bioinformatics 8 01-29-2013 11:13 AM
Poly-A or Ribosomal RNA depletion NicoBxl Illumina/Solexa 25 12-13-2011 11:35 AM
tRNA contamination Newie RNA Sequencing 0 01-08-2011 06:40 AM
coding exons/ repeats/ rRNA, tRNA, snRNA, snoRNA EADIE SOLiD 3 09-17-2010 01:07 AM

Old 01-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
mateo

Default tRNA/5S rRNA depletion

Dear all,
I'd like to deplete tRNA and 5S rRNA from total RNA to clone and deep sequence primarily precursor miRNAs in eukaryotic cells. I'm assuming that pre-miRNA are at a very low concentration when compared to tRNA/5S so if these species are left in my sample preparation they will represent the vast majority of sequences. Any help and/or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks.
mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
whw

Gel purification can be a good way of eliminating larger species. I know that Bioo Scientific includes a gel purification step in their small RNA sequencing protocol.
whw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
pmiguel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo View Post
Dear all,
I'd like to deplete tRNA and 5S rRNA from total RNA to clone and deep sequence primarily precursor miRNAs in eukaryotic cells. I'm assuming that pre-miRNA are at a very low concentration when compared to tRNA/5S so if these species are left in my sample preparation they will represent the vast majority of sequences. Any help and/or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks.
Epicentre RiboZero Gold?

--
Phillip
pmiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
protist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmiguel View Post
Epicentre RiboZero Gold?

--
Phillip
RiboZero Gold will not remove tRNA, its advantage is it will remove mitochondrial as well nuclear encoded rRNA. To my knowledge aside from size selection of below tRNA size (~70 nt) there is not an effective kit out there..
protist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
mnkyboy

You can see the tRNA pretty well in a gel. I would try the RZ beads to clean it up then gel purify.

Also it will probably be easier to purify out after library preparation than as RNA by gel.
mnkyboy is offline   Reply With Quote