No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De novo assembly

hello everyone,

I have recently started working in a lab and have been assigned the following task.

AIM:To assemble the given sequences as one consensus for transformation to be even more specific. Looking for regions around trnA, trnI, 23s and 16s.

Data I have:
    1) chloroplast genome sequence of an algae along with its circular map.

2) Sequences of the Primers used. Three sets of primers have been used (forward and reverse) along with trnaI and trnaA (both forward and reverse).
    The sequences are in ".ab1" format.

Please let me know how will you approach this problem.

PS: No other files or data has been handed over to me. Its someone else's work and that person has left.

Upon being given such a homework assignment, I would post it on appropriate web forums hoping to find someone gullible enough to save me from answering the question myself.

Wait, no! I would not do that. But you did, didn't you?
    --
    Phillip

Comment

@pmiguel No, I didn't post any homework question. I framed it in a way (in points ) so that it becomes easier for everyone to understand and they can guide me. I have recently joined a lab and have been given someone's unfinished work with no complete data.

Comment

"You have recently started working in a lab and have been assigned the following task:"

That was the first sentence of your homework question (or take home exam), right?

--
        Phillip

Comment

yes that was the first line. Had to restate it because it seemed you missed it. If you can't help budding people in science you may not answer anything at all.

Comment

convert the ab1 file to seq file, then you can try to assembly

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses