SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tophat -> Cuffdiff missing sequences tboothby Bioinformatics 1 06-20-2013 07:34 AM
transcripts missing from cufflinks djm2007 RNA Sequencing 3 05-29-2013 11:39 PM
novel genes and transcripts in cuffdiff output asling RNA Sequencing 0 07-27-2011 12:52 AM
cuffdiff: high-confidence transcripts? mrfox Bioinformatics 0 12-09-2010 01:51 PM
transcripts by cufflinks and cuffdiff mrfox Bioinformatics 1 11-22-2010 05:44 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
swarbre
Member
 
Location: CA

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11
Default Cuffdiff missing genes/transcripts?

So i completed a tophat-cufflinks-cuffcompare-cuffdiff workflow using the cuffcompare combined.gtf file as the reference in cuffdiff. My assumption was that the number of genes and transcripts in the the final cuffdiff files e.g. gene_exp.diff should be the same as in the input Cuffcompare.combined.gtf.

The input Cuffcompare.combined.gtf has 15126 distinct gene_ids while the cuffdiff output file gene_exp.diff has only 9029.

So 6027 genes are "missing"

The "missing genes are all single exon and are either class_code "." OR class_code "u" however not all genes of these classes are found in the "missing" list.

Does any one know if there is a known reason why not all genes would be present in the cuffdiff output files?

Last edited by swarbre; 05-30-2011 at 11:21 PM.
swarbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
swarbre
Member
 
Location: CA

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11
Default

Any ideas????
swarbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #3
Krish_143
Member
 
Location: Sweden

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 45
Default

Hello,

Did you found answer !!
__________________
Krishna
Krish_143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:29 AM   #4
BethSutton
Junior Member
 
Location: Liverpool, UK

Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3
Default

I am having the same problem. I have one (single exon, class code u) gene missing from my Cuffdiff output that is present in my gtf file, which I made with Cufflinks and Cuffmerge. I also have >100 transcripts (but not their corresponding genes) missing from the Cuffdiff output.

Did anyone find an answer?
BethSutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:24 AM   #5
Zapages
Member
 
Location: NJ

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 94
Default

I would adjust adjusting the False Discovery Rate a bit, but more importantly increase the maximum number of fragments allows more gene Ids to be found. I believe the default is 1 Million.

I had to play around with this Maximum Number of Fragments value to something like 10 to 50 Million to get the genes that I was interested to appear.

I hope this helps a bit.
Zapages is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO