No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuffdiff output problem, missing samples

Hello all.

I am currently analyzing some RNA-seq data that we have in our lab, using the tuxedo pipeline.
    We are analyzing two biological conditions, where one can be considered normal and the other the "case". We have RNA-seq data from 2 normal samples and 3 case samples. Two of the samples were done in an initial sequencing run, and the remaining three where sequenced in a later run.

I have used Tophat v.2.0.3, and Bowtie 0.12.8 to map the sequences to hg19.
    When inspecting the mappings using IGV all seem ok.
    Further i ran cuffdiff (v.2.0.0) using the accepted_hits.bam as input, testing all samples against each other using the following command:

cuffdiff --no-update-check --multi-read-correct -q -p 12 --frag-bias-correct $GENOME -M $MASK $REFERENCE /path/n1/accepted_hits.bam /path/n2/accepted_hits.bam /path/c1/accepted_hits.bam /path/c2/accepted_hits.bam /path/c3/accepted_hits.bam

Here the Genome is the path for the genome.fa from hg19.
    the mask is a .GTF file of rRNA and mtRNAs, and the Reference is a .GTF hg19 file.

Looking at the output with sample names q1, q2, q3, q4, q5. Only q1, q3 and q4 seems to have successfully been used in cuffdiff differential tests. With values for q2 and q5 always being 0. Also when using cummeRbund and making a boxplot of all genes, q2 and q5 does not have any, while the other three samples show nice boxplots..

I have tried to look for errors in the mapping, but the mappings look nice when inspecting in IGV. Also, when running Cufflinks for each individual sample, they get nice FPKM values.
    the two samples that gets no results from Cuffdiff are 2/3 of the second sequencing run...

I have also tried to run cuffdiff comparing only the two samples in question, and they still get 0 for each value (even though cuffdiff reports no errors).

Should i try and map it again using Tophat, or does anyone have any idea what is wrong??

The same commands have been used for all 5 samples, so I don´t see what is wrong with these two..

I get similar problems. I have 8 samples, aligned with TopHat 2.0.0, and then run cufflinks (the version is 2.0), cuffmerge, and cuffdiff. 6 samples get FPKM value, but 2 of them, there are more than 60% genes, the corresponding FPKM value equals 0.
    , Beginner for RNA-Seq!

Comment

I was getting the same thing. It looks like it has just been corrected in the latest version...

Comment

Just try cufflinks 2.0.1

Comment

I ran the analysis again using cufflinks/2.0.1 as you suggested, and it sure did work.
          Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Thanks! I will try it!
            , Beginner for RNA-Seq!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses