SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quantifying copies of a single locus robinweide Bioinformatics 0 10-17-2014 02:28 PM
The conversion of multiple copies seqs to single-copy lcy Bioinformatics 0 05-16-2013 09:37 PM
phrap/consed - multiple copies during assembly pag Bioinformatics 12 05-31-2012 10:26 AM
extract homeologuous copies from polyploids assemblies babine Bioinformatics 0 03-13-2012 04:43 AM

Old 01-10-2015, 09:38 AM   #1
charlescoldroom

Default Diploid genomic copies actually sequenced

Hi all, I would like to know if there is a way to calculate how many different genomes you sequence when you prepare amplicons from human gDNA. The goal is to do a power-calculation to understand how much we need to sequence a sample to identify mosaic variants with low mutant allelic frequencies.

In a pilot experiment, we have prepared amplicons from 25 ng of template gDNA. Based on an average human diploid cell DNA content of 6.5 pg, this corresponds to ~3,846 copies of diploid genomes. To the resulting amplicon was then added P5 and P7 by PCR and sequenced on a MiSeq. Will my sequencing library have covered all the genomic copies used as template? Is there a way to calculate how many I have covered? Is there a library preparation step to control this parameter?

Thank you very much!
charlescoldroom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amplicon, genomic copies, library