Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the different between Illumina Genome Analyzer

Hi, what is the different Illumina Genome Analyzer I ,II and IIX? I got single end 36bp and 76bp? which system of illumina do they come? thanks

They're all variants of the same basic platform. Improvements have been made over time to the imaging stage and provisions were made for longer runs by increasing the size of the reagent coolers.

I'm not really sure why it matters which machine a particular dataset came from. If anything it would be more important to know which version of the chemistry was used and which analysis pipeline did the base calling.

I suppose you could tell the difference between a GAII and a GAIIx by looking at the number of tiles in your data (100 for a GAII, 120 for a GAIIx). There's probably some similar metric you can use for a GAI, but we never had one of those so I couldn't tell you what to look for.

Comment

Originally posted by simonandrews View Post
      They're all variants of the same basic platform. Improvements have been made over time to the imaging stage and provisions were made for longer runs by increasing the size of the reagent coolers.

I'm not really sure why it matters which machine a particular dataset came from. If anything it would be more important to know which version of the chemistry was used and which analysis pipeline did the base calling.

I suppose you could tell the difference between a GAII and a GAIIx by looking at the number of tiles in your data (100 for a GAII, 120 for a GAIIx). There's probably some similar metric you can use for a GAI, but we never had one of those so I couldn't tell you what to look for.
      thank you. I always think the difference between them is read length.

Comment

The main difference between the GAI and the GAII is the flow cell:it's larger in the GAII.
        The main difference between GAII and GAIIx is that GAIIx can acquire data from 120 tiles per lane (only 100 tiles/lane in the GAII). It's due to a modification of the manifold and prism in the GAIIx.
        The other difference is the amount of sequencing kits you can load at once on the machine. GAII has tanks than can accept up to 150 ml whereas GAII had to be reloaded every 36 cycles. Nevertheless, the read lengths are the same on the GAII and on the GAIIx.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses