No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phylogenetic tree

Hi friends,

I want colour the particular branch and taxa in phylogenetic tree to represent it effectively. I tried in various packages such as phylip, mega4, ugene but i am unable to do it. When i am trying to colour in mega4 and ugene , it is coloring all branches and taxa. But i want to colour specific one. I am having newick file for my phylogeny.

Please suggest me the way for this problem.

You might find FigTree useful: http://tree.bio.ed.ac.uk/software/figtree/

Comment

thank for your reply. Can you suggest me any other tool. This software is good but it can not change the size and colour of the font of taxa.
      Last edited by renesh; 03-16-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Copy the tree and paste it into illustrator, or some other vector graphics program, then you can edit it and make it look the way you want, just be sure to constrain the proportions if you re-size it!

Comment

Figtree is a great tool, if you export the tree as a graphic in a .svg file and uncheck something about text being drawn as shapes, you can work on it in illustrator and probably inkscape. Dendroscope is also useful, more options and more complicated http://ab.inf.uni-tuebingen.de/software/dendroscope/.

But you can change fonts and stuff in figtree, just select 'Tip Labels' and change font/colors.

Comment

Originally posted by renesh View Post
            thank for your reply. Can you suggest me any other tool. This software is good but it can not change the size and colour of the font of taxa.
            As Saemi points out you can, in fact, change both the size and colour of font used for leaf labels.

Comment

Thanks

I used that options(Tip label) for colour and font. But, using that option i able to change only font, but not the colour. Therefore, i changed the colour of branches to represent particular cluster.
              can you suggest me how to change the colour for the label name using figtree?
              I tried that tip label option for colour, but i am unable to do it.

Comment

I also think the 'ape' package in R is great for making attractive trees, though it does require knowing R.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses