Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b2g4pipe returns only a .annot file... What about the .dat file?

Hi all,

After running b2g4pipe, I only got a .annot file in the "results" directory. Is that all? What about the .dat file? I cannot find it.

The command I utilized was:
    java -Xmx4000m -cp *:ext/*: es.blast2go.prog.B2GAnnotPipe -in MYFILE.xml -out results/myprojectMYFILE -prop b2gPipe.properties -annot -dat -img -ips ipsr -annex -goslim -wiki html_template.html -v

It is exactly as the ReadMe file says, except the input and output file names, and the amount of memory usage -4000 instead of 1000-. I also modified the b2gPipe.properties file, in order to update the blast2go database, as follows:
    < Dbacces.dbname=b2g_apr12
    < Dbacces.dbhost=10.10.100.203
    ---
    > Dbacces.dbname=b2g_aug12
    > Dbacces.dbhost=publicdb.blast2go.com

This is the fist time I run b2g4pipe, and I would like to check if my results are correct. Is there anybody who has run it? I will appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Which version of b2g4pipe are you using? They have previously changed the API with minor releases...

Comment

b2g4pipe v2.5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Hel View Post
        b2g4pipe v2.5.0
        Good, v2.5 wants -annot while v2.3 wanted -a instead.

I'm not tried getting a *.dat file out of b2g4pipe for a while, on the grounds it didn't seem to be advised for large datasets. From memory it worked back on v2.3 though.

Comment

Ok, thanks. So the problem may be the large dataset..

Comment

I tried it with another file of similar size. In this case it results in 21 files in several formats (.annot, .dat, .png, .jpg and .svg) instead.
            I don't understand why in the first case I only got a single result file (an .annot file). Any suggestion?

Comment

No idea - I've only been using b2g4pipe to go from the BLAST XML file(s) to an .annot file, and then importing that into the Blast2GO GUI if I want to produce any of the images etc later.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
              0 responses