No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reactions vs. Samples

I'm sorry, this is a dumb question.

When a company advertises 96 reactions, does that essentially mean the product can handle 96 samples? I'm speaking in context of target enrichment/DNA capture.
    www.idtdna.com
    [email protected]

I think it means you can capture something 96 times. You could do 1 sample 96 times or 96 samples 1 time. That's how I would read it.

Comment

So if a product offers 10 reactions with a max size of 2 MB, then I can have 10 samples with 1X coverage on 2 MB OR I can have 1 sample with 10X coverage on 2MB?
      www.idtdna.com
      [email protected]

Comment

I don't think coverage comes into it. That's more of a sequencing issue, not capture.
        I would read "10 reactions with a max size of 2 MB" to mean you may capture up to 2MB total 10 times from any number of samples between 1 and 10.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
        0 responses