No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeakSeq peakselect segmentation fault

Hi,

I'm trying to use PeakSeq v1.1 to call peaks on Illumina reads. I used the preprocess option to process both my Input and Experiment sam files. I downloaded the mappability file of hg19 (my reads were mapped to chr1-22, X, Y, and M) from Gernstein Lab's website. But when I run the peak_select option, I get a segmentation fault in the middle. When I rerun, it stops at exactly the same place. I have 6 different experiment files, and they all behave the same way, although the place at which they give the error is different from one another. I thought it may have something to do with the input, so I tried using the -validate_fragments. But I don't understand what am I to do with its output. I don't know what is giving this error, and any help is really appreciated. Here is my config.dat file:

Experiment_id N2UO_Peaks
    chromosome_list_file hg19_chr_list
    Enrichment_fragment_length 200
    target_FDR 0.05
    N_Simulations 10
    Minimum_interpeak_distance 200
    Mappability_map_file mappability_hg19.txt
    ChIP_Seq_reads_data_dirs SO_2365_N2UO_Bound
    Input_reads_data_dirs SO_2365_INPUT_pooled
    Simulation_seed 1234567
    Background_model Simulated
    max_Qvalue 0.05

Let me know if any other info is needed.

Thanks a lot,

TEJ

EDIT: Figured out the reason. The chrM reads were somehow creating an issue. When I reran without chrM in the list, there were no issues
    Last edited by crackerjack.tej; 01-15-2014, 10:45 PM. Reason: Solved the Issue

Hi,

I have the same problem, except the "figured out" part. I get segmentation fault in the same exact moment every time. It also helps to remove some of the chromosomes, so the problem isn't in mappabilty file or program itself, but since I've got to remove most of the chromosomes i wouldn't exactly call it a solution. Do you have any ideas what can cause such a behaviour and how to avoid it? Other programs don't seem to have problem with my input files, just PeakSeq.

Comment

I think the problem comes when you use the wrong mappability file (a file made from wrong set of chromosomes), though I am not sure. The reason I figured out chrM was the prob was because every file stopped when PeakSeq was processing chrM. Can you look into the output of PeakSeq and see where exactly is that stopping? Also, did you download the mappability file, or created one for yourself?

Comment

I created one myself. I have several experiments to analyse and in each of them different chromosomes cause problems - In one of them, for example, program stops for every chromosome except 3. i 4., and for the other it manages to go through all of them except Mt. So I don't suppose it's caused by a mappabilty file

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses