SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
annotation of exon data is incorrect? gfrantzen Bioinformatics 1 06-17-2014 03:20 PM
Cuffcompare and cuffmerge using the genocode annotation file per_ngs Bioinformatics 2 12-05-2012 12:47 PM
How to get exon (cds) annotation of a genome? inukj Bioinformatics 6 09-15-2012 12:31 PM
Question about exon limits and annotation.. shyam_la Bioinformatics 16 07-26-2012 04:09 PM
Cuffmerge error: loading reference annotation failed? Kcornelius Bioinformatics 4 04-24-2012 04:01 PM

Old 02-03-2015, 11:06 AM   #1
gwilymh

Default Cuffmerge outputs only exon annotation data

Hi,

I am analyzing RNA-Seq data to discover new genes, exons and polymorphic sites. I recently aligned the RNA of 7 different tissue samples against a reference genome using TopHat, and cleaned up the alignment through a pipeline of GATK/samtools programs. I ran cufflinks separately for each sample and merged the resulting gff files in Cuffmerge.

For both Cufflinks and Cuffmerge, I included a gff3 file of known annotations. The Cufflinks analyses all produced annotation files in gtf format with transcript and exon annotations. The Cuffmerge output, however, produced only exon annotation data. The transcript data from the Cufflinks-generated files and the gene and transcript data from the gff3 file of known annotations was not included.

Is this normal behavior for Cufflinks? If so, do I need to use CuffQuant and/or CuffDiff to recover annotations above the level of the exon (i.e. genes, mRNA and transcripts)?
gwilymh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuffdiff, cufflinks, cuffmerge, cuffquant, exon