SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Small RNA sequencing library preparation ldre45 Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 03-08-2017 05:42 AM
Amplicon sequencing of a really long single size 2.2 kb amplicon library TompaB Illumina/Solexa 0 02-22-2015 01:39 PM
library preparation for Illumina sequencing Schelarina Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 05-08-2014 10:18 AM
Multiplexed amplicon library preparation: problems and considerations Xavi_ Illumina/Solexa 1 06-21-2012 07:17 AM

Old 05-09-2017, 05:21 AM   #1
christophpale

Default Library preparation for Amplicon sequencing by HiSeq

Hello,
I have 60 amplicons of around 300bp that I need to perform deep sequencing to find mutations.
Can I just synthesize the P7 and P5 adaptors from IDT, ligate onto my amplicons and send out for sequencing? Or do I need to actually buy the Truseq custom amplicon kit (https://support.illumina.com/sequenc...amplicon.html?

Thank you
christophpale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #2
nucacidhunter
Jafar Jabbari

If you already have generated your amplicon pool, you just need to prepare a library using any shotgun DNA library prep kit skipping size-selection step. For best results amplicons need to go through end-repair and A tailing steps before ligating adapters.

Illumina's custom amplicos is suitable when there are many samples and large target region.
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illumina amplicons custom