Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynabeads mRNA isolation problem

I have a problem to isolate mRNA with Dynabeads.

I extracted total RNA from Chlamydomonas with AMBION RiboPure kit.

After that, I purified the total RNAs with Qiagen RNeasy mini kit.

And I used Dynabeads to isolate mRNAs but it showed strange picture.

Its picture is attached.

When I tried to make libraries with these samples, I failed. (No bands)

I checked the total RNAs quality by Bioanalyzer 2100 and they are good.

Does anybody have some idea about this problem?

Thanks in advance,

JJ
    Attached Files

Did you measure your cDNA yield after mRNA capture, frag, and 1st/2nd strand? We like to do that QC step before taking samples through library process. It could also be helpful to run the enriched mRNA on the bioanalyzer. From the picture and failed libraries it would be hard to say what the problem was.

Comment

Bioanalyzer-mRNA

I checked the mRNA level with bioanalyzer.
      But I could not get any mRNA with Dynabeads.
      Attached Files

Comment

hi bunnymac,
        Probably you've figured out the issue already, but I just saw the bioanalyzer profile now and realized that it was a RNA Nano. When you say 4/6/8 ug, do you mean total RNA or mRNA? (I hope it's the first one!) Did you measure the amount of mRNA before running a bioanalyzer?. The RNA Nanos are not quite sensitive for things less than 10 ng which could be the case here (since you do see some faint signal in the last samples). I would try running them on a RNA Pico chip. I use Seramag beads for mRNA purification and with 10 ug of Total RNA, I normally see the mRNA.
        Cheers!

Comment

I agree with go green...and just to add, it is not unusual to not see bands even if the concentration is high. I would start over with more sample; if possible use an invitrogen magnetic rack and just cut the library where you need to after ligation and proceed from there.

All the best!

Comment

hi Emongs, IMHO, the invitrogen magnet doesn't work any better than other ones. I totally quit using invitrogen magnets and now use magnets which costs nothing compared to the terribly expensive invitrogen ones. Even fridge magnets would actually work

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
            0 responses