SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help--bacterial RNA-seq wall_y Bioinformatics 4 05-10-2012 01:18 PM
help about cufflinks for bacterial rna-seq data qqtwee Bioinformatics 0 11-11-2011 08:03 PM
RNA-Seq: Ribosomal RNA Depletion for Massively Parallel Bacterial RNA-Sequencing Appl Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-25-2011 03:00 AM
bacterial RNA-seq workbench options? rnaseq RNA Sequencing 0 12-06-2010 12:47 PM
RNA-Seq: Studying bacterial transcriptomes using RNA-seq. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 10-05-2010 03:00 AM

Old 04-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
ateeqrr

Default Bacterial RNA seq analysis

Dear all
I am analyzing bacterial transcriptome (illumina paired end reads) via online galaxy server.
I have uploaded fasta file of my reference genome to my account, and i am using it as reference for assembly.
my pipeline is Bowtie --> Cufflink --> cuffmerge --> cuffdiff
after cuffdiff, i am getting differentially expressed transcripts and differentially expressed genes. Number of lines in both files are same. does it mean number of genes are equal to number of transcripts.
some of the transcripts are of about 5Kb, i am sure it may have more than one gene. i would like to analyze my data based on genes rather than these big size locus.
does anyone knows, how i could achive it
Thanks in advance
ateeqrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
shriram

You need to provide the gtf/gff file to tophat and cufflinks to get the known genes structure + novel genes.
shriram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Jean

This may not be relevant since the topic is old, but the cufflinks model is not useful for bacterial RNAseq analysis because of it's isoform-based assumptions. You would want to use something along the lines of edgeR or DEseq.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote