No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RnaSeq vs Microarray correlation

Hi all,

I have an experiment with 80 samples both of them run with microarray and RnaSeq. I want to correlate the results between the two technologies.

I received the results from the RnaSeq experiment in two ways:

a) Raw data (fastq files)
    b)Table of ensembl id´s counts (no idea how this analysis was done).

I did the analysis in two ways:

1)
    For the RnaSeq experiment I took the ensembl id´s counts, translated them into Gene Symbol identifiers (various ensembl Id`s derived in the same Gene Symbol so I just used one of them randomly selected and the other ensembl id´s were discarded), and normalized them with voom (log2 with some modifications).

For the Microarray experiment I normalized them (RMA) using a curated database (hgu133plus2hsentrezgcdf). I translated the entrez id´s probes into Gene Symbol identifiers.

I did the correlation between microarray and RnaSeq (cor.test, two sides, spearman method)) and I obtained good results for all the samples (07-0.9). Attached figure 1 with the scatterplot of sample 1.

2)
    I took the fastq files and analyzed them taking into account the HG19 GRC 37 RefSeq as reference. I translated the refseq id´s into gene symbol. I randomly selected one gene symbol per refseq id.

Same microarray data was used for the correlation.

I did the same correlatin as before but the results were worse (0.3-48). Figure 2 shows scatterplot of sample 1.

My question is, does anybody have a clue about why starting with refseq id´s is not giving the same good results? Any clues?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses