• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tophat 1.3.3 executing errors

Dear all:

My tophat was updated from 1.3.1 to 1.3.3 last week and
    I've met a weird problem recently.

If I run the command like "tophat -p 8 --keep-tmp /my/bowtie_ref/path/refname /my/seq/path/sequence.fq", I'll get the following error msgs:

Error executing: /opt/ngs_tools/tophat-1.3.3/bin/bam_merge ./tophat_out/tmp/left_kept_reads.candidates_and_unspl.bam ./tophat_out/tmp/left_kept_reads.unspl.bam ./tophat_out/tmp/left_kept_reads.candidates.bam

Owing to the temp files were kept, I check wether the files, "left_kept_reads.unspl.bam", and "left_kept_reads.candidates.bam" is in ./tophat_out/tmp/ folder or not. These two files did exist.

However, I ran the command "/opt/ngs_tools/tophat-1.3.3/bin/bam_merge ./tophat_out/tmp/left_kept_reads.candidates_and_unspl.bam ./tophat_out/tmp/left_kept_reads.unspl.bam ./tophat_out/tmp/left_kept_reads.candidates.bam" again, I got the following error msgs:
    Warning: no input BAM records found.
    GList error (GList.hh:932):Invalid list index: 0

I don't know why there is no input BAM records. SO WIERED!!!

Are there anyone can help me? Thanks a lot

Best,
    Yi
    Yi John Huang (PhD student)
    886-3-2118800 ext. 3731
    Graduate Institute of Biomedical Science, Chang Gung University

re: Tophat 1.3.3 executing errors

Long story short: .candidates.bam likely has a header but no data. The script python(.py) doesn't seem to have a
    "no data/empty .bam" test before sending work to bam_merge.py.

In our case, candidates.bam had no data due to the reads being selected from a barren area of the
    data set and excessive filtering of the reads.

As we are using a Windows7-64 fork of TopHat 1.3.3, the same patch would not
    drop in to the Linux trunk. However, the basic code flow is the same and a test at that point should also
    generate an alert to the fact that there is a file with no data.

Semper fi, Dave

Comment

Thanks for replying, Dave.

I downloaded the test data from Tophat website and used it for testing... it works...

The test data I used before... is only a part of sequence from a real RNA-seq experiment...
      I found that the file size and content of xxx.candidiates.bam and xxx.unspl.bam are identical. Therefore, maybe the test data is the major problem

I will use the full sequence data for furthered test. Thanks again.
      Yi John Huang (PhD student)
      886-3-2118800 ext. 3731
      Graduate Institute of Biomedical Science, Chang Gung University

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses