Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNASeq library generation protocol issue(like QuantSeq)

Hi,

I am trying to develop in-house protocol for RNA-seq library preparation in a way similar to Lexogen QuantSeq. QuantSeq includes double-stranded cDNA production with these major steps:
    RT with dT(23)VN primer with overhang (i7 sequencing primer for NGS)
    Removal of RNA (possibly with RNaseH)
    Second strand synthesis with random primer with overhang (i5 seq primer for NGS)
    These 3 steps are done without any purification. Then, they purify the product and perform PCR to add Illumina adapters.
    I am wondering about step 3(second strand synthesis). I see the issue over here since dT(23)VN primer can also act as a primer for second strand synthesis. If so, during PCR to add Illumina adapters there could be an accumulation of a wrong product with two i7 adapters (adapters included in dT(23)VN primer). Any thoughts on how they overcome this issue? Thanks!
    Short description for QuantSeq is here:

It should not be an issue as it requires polyA region for binding and priming. If there are such sequences (polyT) throughout the exons then some 1st strand cDNA might be primed but it will have negligible effect as these will not be sequenced due to lack of both flow cell binding motives.
    Last edited by nucacidhunter; 07-07-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

3' mRNA-Seq

Thank you for your interest in QuantSeq!
      If we can be of any help with your RNA-Seq library prep needs, please contact us at [email protected].

Please note that there is also a highly customizable version called QuantSeq-Flex.

Best regards,
      Lukas Paul

Originally posted by eaakimov View Post
      Hi,

I am trying to develop in-house protocol for RNA-seq library preparation in a way similar to Lexogen QuantSeq. QuantSeq includes double-stranded cDNA production with these major steps:
      RT with dT(23)VN primer with overhang (i7 sequencing primer for NGS)
      Removal of RNA (possibly with RNaseH)
      Second strand synthesis with random primer with overhang (i5 seq primer for NGS)
      These 3 steps are done without any purification. Then, they purify the product and perform PCR to add Illumina adapters.
      I am wondering about step 3(second strand synthesis). I see the issue over here since dT(23)VN primer can also act as a primer for second strand synthesis. If so, during PCR to add Illumina adapters there could be an accumulation of a wrong product with two i7 adapters (adapters included in dT(23)VN primer). Any thoughts on how they overcome this issue? Thanks!
      Short description for QuantSeq is here:
      https://www.lexogen.com/wp-content/u...meth.f.376.pdf

Comment

Has anyone tried half-reactions for the QuantSeq chemistry?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses