No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add rowRanges to DESeqDataSet

Hi All,

I have imported htseq-count data using the DESeqDataSetFromHTSeqCount function in DESeq2, and for a test I wanted to generate FPKMs from the count data.

However, that requires rowRanges, and that attribute is present but has no content. The htseq-count data just has gene names and counts, I clearly need to use the GTF to add the ranges.

I have looked literally half the day for some example of actually adding the rowRanges - the tutorial examples for DeSeq2 used canned examples with the ranges already there, I can't find any examples of how to do it from scratch.

I can figure out how to add it, but surely for something so basic there is a function already available somewhere.

Thanks!
    Randy

Same Issue

I have exactly the same issue as @zauhar.

I need to calculate fpkm values and have made dds from HTSeq count. The rowranges in the resulting dds is NULL since the dds lacks the gene lengths.

So anybody out there who can help us!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses