SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Core Facilities

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CONTRA cnv targeted resequencing m_elena_bioinfo Bioinformatics 34 12-14-2015 11:40 AM
Targeted sequencing: Size of target region hazelperry General 1 03-27-2013 07:26 AM
CNV in targeted exons m_elena_bioinfo Bioinformatics 0 12-21-2011 01:59 AM
PubMed: Accurate and exact CNV identification from targeted high-throughput sequence Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 04-15-2011 12:30 AM
454 mapper-targeted region format litali Bioinformatics 0 08-23-2010 08:45 AM

Old 06-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
mrfox

Exclamation !!Urgent help: identifying CNV of an interesting region by targeted sequencing

Hi all,
My collaborator is interested in a region (about 8M bp long), that has been reported to susceptible to amplification/deletions.

Our goal is to perform sequencing experiments to specifically study the copy number variation of this region.

Whole-exome sequencing of course can help but most of the information will be wasted since our collaborator is not interested in other regions.

I wonder if we could capture the 8M region plus 3M up-stream and 3M down-stream region and then perform deep sequencing on the total 14M-bp region. Ideally, the up- and down-stream regions have no copy number change while it will be easy to quantify the copy numbers of the middle region.

I am not sure if the above strategy is feasible. Please help if you have a better idea of detecting copy number variation for a targeted region or if you have any advice for sequencing the above described region.

THanks a lot!
mrfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
SNPsaurus
Registered Vendor

Probably a MYbaits custom pulldown would be a good way to access the region.
http://www.mycroarray.com/mybaits/MY...hment+kit.html
Old 06-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #3
Brian Bushnell
Super Moderator

If you want to detect potential large indels in that area, I suggest mapping with BBMap, using the flag "maxindel=200000" (or however long you wish, though bear in mind that higher numbers reduce accuracy).
Brian Bushnell is offline   Reply With Quote