No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First HiSeq 3000 data

Hello,

in case you are interested, we have posted some results from our first HiSeq 3000 runs as well as some information and considerations on the changes introduced by the new HiSeq 3000 and Hiseq 4000 sequencer generation. The yields on the first two runs were higher than expected at about 340 million reads per lane. The quality looks good.
    There is also link to the complete data from a PhiX lane (including the clusters that did not "pass filter").

http://dnatech.genomecenter.ucdavis....data-download/

Btw, the cluster images do not give away the patterned character of the flowcells. Please see the attachment.

Best,
    Lutz
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DNATECH; 05-07-2015, 12:48 AM.

Some Q30 plots.
    Attached Files

Comment

Sweet my company just got one and we'll do our training run in a couple weeks from now. The instrument was setup and configured nearly a month ago so it's bothering to see it idle for so long.

Comment

We are actually waiting for flow-cells for several weeks; I guess Illumina is surprised that anybody wants to use the new sequencers?

Comment

@DNATECH: Based on this (and your other post) it sounds like you need "near perfect libraries" to get good data from patterned flowcells. This could be a problem for core facilities, where "variable" quality libraries come in from customers.

It would be interesting to hear about your experiences as real world customer libraries start flowing through.

Comment

Originally posted by DNATECH View Post
            Hello,

in case you are interested, we have posted some results from our first HiSeq 3000 runs as well as some information and considerations on the changes introduced by the new HiSeq 3000 and Hiseq 4000 sequencer generation. The yields on the first two runs were higher than expected at about 340 million reads per lane.
            You mean 340 million pass-filter clusters per lane?

--
            Phillip

Comment

What final concentration was the phiX library that you clustered? I mean after neutralization?

I mean is there no danger of overclustering anymore? That was what I was hoping for when I heard about the patterned flowcells...

--
              Phillip

Comment

Yes, an average of 340 million clusters passing filter per lane.

Originally posted by pmiguel View Post
                You mean 340 million pass-filter clusters per lane?

--
                Phillip

Comment

Hi Miguel,

the input was 5ul of PhiX at 2 nM. So far we have used 2 nM concentrations for all our libraries/lanes. Illumina recommends up to 3 nM.
                  From what our FAS told us, I got the impression under-loading could be more detrimental than over-loading.

What final concentration was the phiX library that you clustered? I mean after neutralization?

I mean is there no danger of overclustering anymore? That was what I was hoping for when I heard about the patterned flowcells...

--
                  Phillip

Comment

Hi GenoMax,

perhaps we are just being careful at the moment - since Illumina seems to be very careful and there is very little information so far. The customer samples (n=11) have been looking great so far except one; this sample had some larger low complexity component to it (which we were not aware off). For this sample the Q30 rates dropped after the first 60 to 70 bases of low complexity bases from 95% to 70%.

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                    @DNATECH: Based on this (and your other post) it sounds like you need "near perfect libraries" to get good data from patterned flowcells. This could be a problem for core facilities, where "variable" quality libraries come in from customers.

It would be interesting to hear about your experiences as real world customer libraries start flowing through.

Comment

Originally posted by DNATECH View Post
                      Hi Miguel,

the input was 5ul of PhiX at 2 nM. So far we have used 2 nM concentrations for all our libraries/lanes. Illumina recommends up to 3 nM.
                      From what our FAS told us, I got the impression under-loading could be more detrimental than over-loading.
                      Wow, 2000 pM? I think the highest we ever went on the HiSeq2500 was 23 pM.

--
                      Phillip

Comment

To get 2-2.5x more clusters (compared to a 2500) load 100x more? DNA binding in nanowells must not be very efficient.
                        Last edited by GenoMax; 05-08-2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Hi Pmiguel,

the basic procedure looks like:
                          - 5 ul of library (2 nM to 3 nM including PhiX)
                          - add 5 ul 0,1 N NaOH
                          - add 5 ul Tris (200mM)
                          - add 35 ul Enzyme Master Mix
                          - load all 50 ul onto cBot

Wow, 2000 pM? I think the highest we ever went on the HiSeq2500 was 23 pM.

--
                          Phillip

Comment

I finally finished downloading these, and I'll take a look at the quality from mapping. But before I do that, I always trim adapters... but I was never sure what kind of adapters PhiX reads had. They don't exactly match any adapters in my list, so I'll call them "PhiX adapters". Here they are, for reference:

>Read1_adapter
                            AGATCGGAAGAGCGGTTCAGCAGGAATGCCGAGACCGATCTCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTGAAA
                            >Read2_adapter
                            AGATCGGAAGAGCGTCGTGTAGGGAAAGAGTGTAGATCTCGGTGGTCGCCGTATCATTAAAAAA

Also, at least for the first 4 million reads, 29.36% failed the chastity filter.

Comment

Hi Brian,

Thanks for looking at the data. The files that I uploaded have 482,680,800 reads. The sequencer generates "reads" for each single nanowell - no matter if it is loaded or not. Thus, the figure of 30% or higher "failing" reads is expected. The SAV viewer indicates a total of 482.68 million nanowells. According to Illumina 60% to 70% of clusters passing filter are considered to be very good; because the figure is calculated with respect to the total number of nanowells. I did intentionally upload files including all non-passing reads (the majority of the "not passing filter" data are likely simply empty nano-wells though).

Lutz

Originally posted by Brian Bushnell View Post
                              I finally finished downloading these, and I'll take a look at the quality from mapping. But before I do that, I always trim adapters... but I was never sure what kind of adapters PhiX reads had. They don't exactly match any adapters in my list, so I'll call them "PhiX adapters". Here they are, for reference:

>Read1_adapter
                              AGATCGGAAGAGCGGTTCAGCAGGAATGCCGAGACCGATCTCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTGAAA
                              >Read2_adapter
                              AGATCGGAAGAGCGTCGTGTAGGGAAAGAGTGTAGATCTCGGTGGTCGCCGTATCATTAAAAAA

Also, at least for the first 4 million reads, 29.36% failed the chastity filter.
                              Last edited by DNATECH; 05-08-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses