No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlap Graph

Dear All,

I have ~ 100000 DNA sequences in a fasta file. I am interested in finding the overlap graph of these sequences. I just want a simple overlap finder (which takes minOverlapLength and percentIdentityIntheOverlapRegion as inputs). The overlap will be at the end of the sequences (similar to assembly)

I have tried looking into many assembly programs. All the programs I looked gave the contigs as output. Some assembly programs gave information about the reads in each contig. But none of the assembly programs gave any information about the overlap graph, which was used to find the contigs. In addition, since assembly programs work with reads, they look for certain depth of coverage during overlap finding. I do not want this.

Could anyone point me towards a simple overlap-graph finder.

Thanks,
    Navin.

Hi Navin,

I am also looking for such software or script. Did you find any till now?
    ~Adnan~

Comment

EDIT: My mistake. It looks like when you post on a subject, the board finds related threads - regardless of age. Looks like an old dead conversation, sorry to have accidentally resurrected it.

Originally posted by navin_elango View Post
      Dear All,

I have ~ 100000 DNA sequences in a fasta file. I am interested in finding the overlap graph of these sequences. I just want a simple overlap finder (which takes minOverlapLength and percentIdentityIntheOverlapRegion as inputs). The overlap will be at the end of the sequences (similar to assembly)

I have tried looking into many assembly programs. All the programs I looked gave the contigs as output. Some assembly programs gave information about the reads in each contig. But none of the assembly programs gave any information about the overlap graph, which was used to find the contigs. In addition, since assembly programs work with reads, they look for certain depth of coverage during overlap finding. I do not want this.

Could anyone point me towards a simple overlap-graph finder.

Thanks,
      Navin.
      Unreleased as of yet, but I've just finished writing exactly this. Cn you be more specific about exactly what you're looking for as output, maybe with a line or two of examples?

regards,

Graham
      Last edited by gtoal; 05-20-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
      0 responses