SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with Illumina Paired-End Data adamba Bioinformatics 5 04-16-2012 12:36 PM
Paired-end Solexa data mapping wit Bowtie rebrendi Bioinformatics 21 03-30-2012 12:31 PM
Discrepancy in paired-end Illumina data kopardev Bioinformatics 1 01-03-2012 11:23 PM
SNP/mutation Using Illumina Paired-end Data qqcandy General 0 10-01-2008 04:58 PM
Paired-end Illumina data mchaisso Bioinformatics 7 07-17-2008 11:52 AM

Old 09-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #1
jojohan

Lightbulb Metatranscriptomic data(paired-end,Illumina)mapping?

We have sequenced metagenomic data and metatranscriptomic data by Hiseq2000 paired-end of acid mine drainage.
we run velvet to assemble the metagenomic data,and we succeeded to assemble 3 draft genomes(or bining sequences).
I would like to map the metatranscriptomic data to 3 drafts. I have tried with bowtie and soapaliner/soap2.
soap -a RNA_1.fasta -b RNA_2.fasta -D draft_geneome_ORFS_db.index -v 3 -r 2 -s 40 -m 400 -x 600 -o PE.out -2 SE.out
soap -a RNA_1.fasta -D draft_genome_ORFs_db.index -v 3 -r 2 -s 40 -o SE.out
but the results are both very poor,the mapping results are less than 1% .
while I use the total contigs of metagenomic data as reference,the mapping result can be 83%.
Does anyone know the methods to deal with my problems? Thanks a millon!
jojohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
Jean

So you are only mapping to the "3 draft genomes" you got from the assembly and ignoring the rest? How much of your genomic data is represented in these drafts? If you map back the metagenomic reads how much coverage do you get and how much of your data is leftover?
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
jojohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
So you are only mapping to the "3 draft genomes" you got from the assembly and ignoring the rest? How much of your genomic data is represented in these drafts? If you map back the metagenomic reads how much coverage do you get and how much of your data is leftover?
yes,because 3 drafts already make up the marjority of the metagenomic data. I haven't map back the metagenomic raw reads yet.I have another question about this. I will calculate the coverage of each drafts to both metagenomic raw reads and metatranscriptomic raw data. I have made some pretreatments of metatranscriptomic data including removal of low quality(average Q-value<20 per reads) and removal of reads with number of unknow bases (N) >10.so I am wondering if I should deal with metagenomic raw data in the excatly same way? Thanks!
jojohan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illumina paired end