No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEGAN5 license and command line

Hello,

I recently installed MEGAN5 to my linux server to analyze my NGS data. I have some questions about the license and file input/output.

I got license file from email and saved it as "MEGAN5-academic-license.txt" under ~/megan. But I am not sure how I can active the license via option -L in command line. Below are commands I tried:

Code:
    $ MEGAN -g -E -L ~/megan/MEGAN5-academic-license.txt
    MEGAN fatal error:
    java.awt.HeadlessException:
    No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.

No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.

Code:
    $xvfb-run --auto-servernum --server-num=1 MEGAN -g false -L ~/megan/MEGAN5-academic-license.txt
    No output

Would you please help to correct the command? And, should I involve the license file every time I use MEGAN5 or it has a way to active only once?

Another question is, I have a 2G blastn output file which generated from a illumina sequencing. I tried to import it and get a rma file. But my command have no output after 26 hours running. I guess there must be something wrong with the command. Here are two files I used:

commands.txt
    -----------------

load treeFile='/home/megan/class/resources/ncbi.map';
    load treeFile='/home/megan/class/resources/ncbi.tre';
    load taxGIFile='/home/megan/gi_taxid-March2015X.bin';
    import blastfile='/home/blast/blast_map/blastn_veroall_tab7' fastaFile='/home/blast/blast_map/Veroall.fasta' meganfile='veroal.rma' blastFormat=BlastTAB;
    quit;

job_megan
    -------------

#!/bin/bash
    #PBS -l nodes=1pn=12
    #PBS -l mem=20gb
    #PBS -l walltime=30:00:00
    #PBS -m abe
    #PBS -q default
    #PBS -N megan
    cd ${PBS_O_WORKDIR}
    xvfb-run --auto-servernum --server-num=1 MEGAN -g false -v tree -L /home/megan/MEGAN5-academic-license.txt -c commands.txt

I use qsub system to submit the job, but no feedback.

Would you please help to correct it? I appreciate your help.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
0 responses