This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi fellow sequence-seekers!

I have been following (and learning a lot!) from this site for some time, while acquiring externally sequenced data.
    As of very recently we (= Innsbruck Biocenter, Austria) now have an Ion torrent in the house :-) -with a SOLiD 5500 on the way.
    So I am looking forward to more actively joining these great and constructive discussions going on here!

Comment

• Hi, I am robert and will soon start working with a SOLiD 5500.

Comment

• Hello everyone
        I am new to this community and working in bioinformatics

Comment

• Hello everyone,
          I am a physician-scientist and am interested in small RNA NGS analysis from patient samples.

Comment

• Hello,

I am an novice in the area of bioinformatics and have learned quite a bit by reading the posts and by having access to the tutorials posted generously by senior members. I am using Illumina GA11 for a Drosophila egg transcript project. I am a grad student at Texas A & M.

Thanks to all who maintain and contribute to this site :]

Comment

• Hello everyone,
              here is Matteo from The Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa, Italy. As soon as possible I'll start working on plant genomics tanks to Illumina technology.
              All the best,
              M

Comment

• Hi everybody!
                I'm a post-doc working on smallRNAs and in particular miRNAs in Plants! I'm based in Milano and I'm interested in miRNA discovery and differential analysis. We have used Illumina for smallRNA sequencing and mRNA-seq.
                cheers,
                Erica

Comment

• Hi, this is my first post - just figuring it out.

Comment

• Hi guys

I am Radhouane Aniba, a bioinformatics postdoc at University of Maryland and also founder of biocoders.net community.

I am open for networking so please don't hesitate to contact me, my linkedin is radwenaniba

Comment

• Hi
                      I am a graduated student from Jimei University in Xiameng China ,My research field is Aquiculture biology . And now my project was related with RNA-Seq .I am trying my best to accept the bioinformatic kownadge.

Comment

• Greetings from Montreal, Canada.
                        I will be working in statistical analysis of sequencing data. This forum already got me going with excellent post. I was wondering, if people here where using freenode IRC?

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I'm a post-doc with the department of primary industries working on dairy hi-seq data, mostly SNP calling/filtering and low-coverage genotype calling.

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I'm an independent biotechnology professional, looking forward to learning and contributing!

Cheers,
                            Chris

Comment

• Hi everybody! My name is Jean-Christophe and I'm a bioinformatician working at Sainte-Justine Hospital in Montreal. I'm pretty new in all this nextgen sequencing world and I'm sure that I will appreciate this forum! Hope that I can help anybody else in the near future!

Comment

• Hi,

Thank God for this forum of experts and learners. I am new to this field and recently completed BSc Biotechnology. However, bioinfomatics is very tough for me and really require huge assistance from the forum.

I am working on identifying and studying expression level of immune-related in fish for my MSc project at Universiti Putra Malaysia. I am currently learning the theoretical part of RNA-seq, but, I realize the practical part offers a totally different understanding and challenging. I hope for the community kind assitance in the near furture.

Thanks,
                                Jeevan

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
                                  Yesterday, 07:01 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                                0 responses