Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLiD 5500 Quality Control Standards

Can anyone point me to a document describing quality control standards for NGS generally and for the SOLiD 5500 specifically? I understand the BAMStats module offers quality control metrics but I need documentation to interpret them.

The current project is RNA-seq. I have seen references for third party tools like RNA-SeQC and RSeQC. Are these applicable to SOLiD data or tuned for Illumina? These tools describe a number of metrics but they do not describe how these metrics should be interpreted (i.e. what values indicate quality data? what values indicate questionable data).

Thanks,
    Mike

BAMstats is a module of LifeScope. You can try to find documentation of it in LifeScope manual. Another QC tool suggested by Life Biotechnologies people is fastQC. It runs on LifeScope produced BAM files.

Comment

After going through the updated library prep protocol for wildfire we noted the "conversion" step, with a series of additional PCR cycles (6x). Has anyone had experience with the consequence of these additional cycles? PCR duplicate rate for example?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        Yesterday, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses