SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RNA-Seq: PrimerBank: a PCR primer database for quantitative gene expression analysis, Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 11-17-2011 04:30 AM
CNV between twins... milesgr General 9 05-31-2011 11:33 AM
how to study differential expression? beliefbio Bioinformatics 23 08-05-2010 05:04 AM
PubMed: RNA-Seq - Quantitative measurement of expression through massively parallel R Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 04-02-2009 06:00 AM
In Sequence: Researchers Use SOLiD to Study Gene Expression in Single Mouse ES Cells Newsbot! SOLiD 0 11-04-2008 02:00 PM

Old 02-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Sambucas

Default quantitative expression study in twins

Hi all,

I am about to undertake a study investigating the gene expression differences between human twins using tissue from the pregnancy. I aim to quantify expression differences and hopefully allele-specific differences and splice variants between the individuals.

The abundance of transcripts differentially expressed is largely unknown and I was hoping for some input on calculating what sequencing depth I should be aiming for.

From trolling the literature I figure 8 gigabases of data per sample from 100bp paired-end Illumina Hi-seq run should give me more than enough data.

I also plan on running a 35bp single end library in addition to this for each sample for miRNA, etc.

Any thoughts, comments etc on how deep I should aim with the human transcriptome?
Sambucas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
depth of coverage, rna-seq