SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
successful clinical sequencing niceday Ion Torrent 13 07-30-2013 07:04 PM
PubMed: Targeted next-generation sequencing for routine clinical screening of mutatio Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 09-14-2011 03:00 AM
GenomeQuest Advances Whole Genome Sequencing to Clinical Diagnostics Reporting GenomeQuest Vendor Forum 0 02-03-2011 11:17 AM
PubMed: Next generation sequencing for clinical diagnostics-principles and applicatio Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 09-02-2010 11:10 AM
PubMed: High-throughput genome sequencing of two Listeria monocytogenes clinical isol Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 02-20-2010 03:00 AM

Old 04-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
gendxdoc

Default Clinical Sequencing Software

Hello All,
Is anyone aware of a group or company developing a next gen sequencing pipeline (AB SOLiD, Illumina GA or Roche 454 platforms) for clinical diagnostics laboratories ?

We're really most interested in the resequencing analysis and variant reporting/annotation aspects and less in the sample management end. We already have an LIS for sample tracking, etc. We would like to accomplish a few basic tasks: 1) Rapidly compare our set of variants with variants in existing databases; 2) Develop our own database as we accumulate variants -- keeping track of pathogenic vs. non-pathogenic variants -- as well as variants of unknown significance; 3) Easily run pipelines such as SIFT or PolyPhen to predict pathogenicity of novel variants.

Once we have a pipeline established -- we're like any good clinical lab -- we want to the same thing over and over again --- and do it well.

Any suggestions you can give or directions you can point me to, would be greatly appreciated !
Thank you !
gendxdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
NextGenSeq

Only companies I know of are CLC Bio, NextGene (Softgenetics) and GenomeQuest.

I believe only GenomeQuest helps with custom databases. I personally think they are very expensive.
NextGenSeq is offline   Reply With Quote