SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cuffdiff for differential gene testing Paul Walker RNA Sequencing 4 01-26-2015 09:04 AM
ChIP-Seq: A regression analysis of gene expression in ES cells reveals two gene class Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-05-2011 03:01 AM
Differential gene expression: Can Cufflinks/Cuffcompare handle biological replicates? marcora Bioinformatics 38 12-14-2010 04:57 PM
help with differential gene expression with cufflinks and tophat waterboy Bioinformatics 1 11-28-2010 10:51 AM
Differential gene expression: Can Cufflinks/Cuffcompare handle biological replicates? marcora Bioinformatics 0 05-19-2010 02:11 AM

Old 10-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
anjana.vr

Default Differential gene expression of gene clusters

Hi

I am analyzing RNA-Seq data. I have RPKM values for all the genes. The data set contains 7 samples. I am looking into genes associated with a specific pathway. This pathways has 6 gene clusters. I want to show that gene cluster 1 is expressed at higher level than the other clusters. How do I do that? The gene clusters have different number of genes. Is there any test that I can use? Packages like edgeR compare gene expression values for the same genes under different conditions. But I want to compare the expression of different genes. Can I somehow compare the different clusters to a housekeeping gene? Is there a statistical test that is used to do this?

Thank you.
anjana.vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
cavefish

same question! expecting......
cavefish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rna-seq;gene expression;