• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TopHat Fusion post (Error)

Hello,
    I am trying to run TopHat Fusion Post, and I am having this error:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/N/u/lab/tophat-2.0.8b.Linux_x86_64/tophat-fusion-post", line 2627, in ?
    sys.exit(main())
    File "/N/u/lab/tophat-2.0.8b.Linux_x86_64/tophat-fusion-post", line 2595, in main
    map_fusion_kmer(bwt_idx_prefix, params, sample_updated)
    File "/N/u/lab/tophat-2.0.8b.Linux_x86_64/tophat-fusion-post", line 317, in map_fusion_kmer
    subprocess.call(cmd, stdout=open(output_dir + 'fusion_seq.bwtout', 'w'), stderr=open('/dev/null', 'w'))
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/subprocess.py", line 419, in call
    return Popen(*args, **kwargs).wait()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/subprocess.py", line 550, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/subprocess.py", line 996, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
    OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Itried with different solutions, such as using a new directory for Bowtie both 1 and 2. Make the directory similar to what it is suggested in thier website.

Can anyone please help me with suggestions.
    Thank you,
    Samar

First follow their folder structure exactly.

Second, in my experience and frustration you need to use their hg19 bowtie1 reference index

Third, depending on your samples (read length & number of reads) fusion-post will run out of memory. In one of our compute farms we spec, 80 million 50x50 paired reads will work > 90% of the time. Over 100 million pairs fails almost constantly. This is with 24 Gb or Ram available to the job. On trick is not to max out the parallel computing so only use 1/2 the available processors but take all the memory.

Fourth, if you have not run the test samples try that to ensure you have blast set correctly as that can be a nightmare. You can inactive the blast step to test but it really helps remove most of the false results.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Keats View Post
      First follow their folder structure exactly.

Second, in my experience and frustration you need to use their hg19 bowtie1 reference index

Third, depending on your samples (read length & number of reads) fusion-post will run out of memory. In one of our compute farms we spec, 80 million 50x50 paired reads will work > 90% of the time. Over 100 million pairs fails almost constantly. This is with 24 Gb or Ram available to the job. On trick is not to max out the parallel computing so only use 1/2 the available processors but take all the memory.

Fourth, if you have not run the test samples try that to ensure you have blast set correctly as that can be a nightmare. You can inactive the blast step to test but it really helps remove most of the false results.

Jon_Keats, thank you very much for replying!
      Yes. I tried to follow their exact directory format.
      And for the Bowtie, I used Bowie two because I think TopHat 2 is using this index.
      I tried for the post fusion step with their Bowtie 1 and 2 but it did not work.
      In the current time, I am not using the blast because I am trying to make things work. Hopefully.
      Is it better to try to run everything with their samples? Or did you mean with any other sample?

Thank you,
      Samar

Comment

Issue solved..
        was not related to tophat..from PUTTY
        Thanks

Comment

Hi there
          I have used tophat fusion with hg19 without problem. But now with UCSCmm10, I got error at fusion post:
          BLAST Database error: No alias or index file found for nucleotide database [blast/nt] in search path

I have downloaded blast:
          1. ncbi-blast-2.2.28+
          2. extracted est_mouse.tar.gz mouse_genomic_transcript.tar.gz within ncbi-blast-2.2.28+/ and ncbi-blast-2.2.28+/bin

I am not sure about other_genomic* and nt* ?
          I used and exported PATH=$PATH:bowtie1, tophat2, blast, samtools
          Can some one help me ?
          Thanks
          Last edited by jp.; 08-05-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by samar View Post
            Issue solved..
            was not related to tophat..from PUTTY
            Thanks
            Can you explain how did you solve error in blast
            I have downloaded blast and all database and kept in NCBI-blast****/db

What is next to do with it ??
            thank you

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
            0 responses