No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Line tool or library to work with AB1 files

Hi All.

I have zero experience with sequencing or sequencing files, so please excuse if I ask something stupid

I just learned that colleague of mine needs to regularly do one and the same task - open .ab1 file with Chromas, cut 50 base pairs from the left, save and close it again.
    I wonder if there is any way to automate it.
    Command line tool, Python/R/java/dotnet library, anything like this.
    Any hints?

I tired to google, but found it problematic to use the results I found, so I hope for advise.

Thank you anyway for reading.
    Have a good day

There is a EMBOSS program ABIview although that seems to just output fasta format.

Maybe 4peaks with Applescript? Or is there an applescript-like for PC?

Comment

Thanks for reply.

The most discussion in the internet I found talks about converting AB1 to FASTA, looks like it much more common task than editing and saving ab1 itself.

This 4peaks software is it scriptable?

Comment

sangerseqR can parse AB1 files. It doesn't have built in functions to cut 50bp, but you could probably cobble something together with Bioconductor.
        This package contains several tools for analyzing Sanger Sequencing data files in R, including reading .scf and .ab1 files, making basecalls and plotting chromatograms.

Comment

Thanks!
          Cutting is not big deal I guess, but unfortunately I do not see any ABIF writing functionality there.

But adding abif instead of abi to my queries I found Bio-Trace-ABIF perl package that also might be usefull
          Last edited by TaKo; 02-15-2017, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses