No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Concentration Library

Hi,

I made libraries using Colon and Lung Cancer Research Panel and quantify them using qPCR. I was wondering why some of the libraries have less concentration than the others. I made libraries from serum DNA, the starting material is 50 ng and made all the libraries at the same time.
    Can someone help me with the answer? I really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Hi Hanco,
    There is no single answer to your question. Basically every step in your protocol has the potential to cause library construction to occur sub-optimally or even fail altogether. Also many methods of quantitating the amount of input material will be inaccurate. So the actual amount of material used for library construction may be highly variable.

--
    Phillip

Comment

Hi Philllip,

I thought perhaps the quality of DNA that I used to make the libraries already damaged from the beginning or my technical error.
      Anyway, thank you so much for your answer.

Hanco

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses