Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many cycles you can get out of the 36 cycle kit version 2?

anyone ever tried more than 36 cycles?

Not really, but based on volume left, you may extend 3 more cycles, 5 more would be a big risk as both cleavage mix and scan mix is limiting. v1 allows 46 cycle, but not available anymore.

Comment

People in close contact with Illumina are trying out 75 cycles, and more. So longer reads are coming down the pike...

We got one run with good 48 cycles of data, with the older kits, but now, we get more like 40.

Comment

Originally posted by swbarnes2 View Post
        People in close contact with Illumina are trying out 75 cycles, and more. So longer reads are coming down the pike...

We got one run with good 48 cycles of data, with the older kits, but now, we get more like 40.
        I think original question is how many maximum cycle out of v2 seq kit.
        You may set up with max cycle of your best guess, but if reagents ran out, it will pump air into the system.

Regarding super long read, we are routinely getting 2 x 88 and now moving onto 2 x 108 (35 +35+36)

Comment

Official release will be 2 x 75.

Comment

Out of curiosity Monad are shortening any of the recipe times? By my reckoning 2X108 cycles would be ~12 days.

Comment

no shortening of run time available yet, so it takes two days for every 36 cycles plus > half day for turnaround chemistry. Illumina is working on shorter recipe.

Comment

Index - 36+7

Hi,
                the illumina protocol for multiplex recommends 36 + 7 cycles and to buy the sequencing kit for 36 cycles plus the sequencing kit for 18 cycles. What do you think about that? Do you think it is posible to do the read1 and the index read with an unique sequencing kit for 36 cycles? I'm talking about GAII.
                Thanks

Comment

Hi,

my sales rep told me that version 3 of the sequencing kits are available for order starting Monday! Same pricing as v2 kits, but provide more accurate sequence so you can do 50-100 bp reads.

Comment

we get 44bp routinley from the 36 kit if something runs out then we trim the read to compensate.

Comment

Solexa longer reads

Hi:
                      With those longer reads - how is the quality of bases at the end of the reads.
                      With 50 bp reads we throw out bases 45-50. What is happening with 75 bp reads?

Thanks

Comment

We get 42bp from a 36 kit and run that routinely. It is just possible to get a multiplex index from a kit if you are doing a 36bp run but safer to top up with some leftover reagent from another kit (as long as it has not been sitting around obviously).
                        I still have not had any confirmation on the format of the next kits and was under the impression that Ilumina would just sell 18, 36 and 50bp kits. If you want longer then combine kits is what we were told. My preference woud be for 150bp in a bottle to put on the instrument and then just run samples until it runs out. However we do not have a gap between flowcells.
                        I had also heard about the shorter-cycle chemistry, but I did not think it was ready yet. There are two changes coming; one will be a high-fidelity polymerase to increase the quality of sequencing, the other is a faster sequencing enzyme which allows each cycle to decrease by 20-30%. Three flow cells a week are coming!
                        I am interested to hear what other people have to say.
                        James.

Comment

Originally posted by das View Post
                          Hi:
                          With those longer reads - how is the quality of bases at the end of the reads.
                          With 50 bp reads we throw out bases 45-50. What is happening with 75 bp reads?
                          On my 72 mers (well, 76mers with a 4 base tag), I regularly have these numbers:
                          - 0.5% of the reads are completely unusable
                          - 5.5% need a left trim
                          - 20% need a right trim

Which means that a bit less than 75% of all reads are error free on the whole length.

Trimming removes overall ~6.5% of all bases.

After trimming
                          - ~90% of all reads map without error to the reference
                          - ~7% map with one error
                          - ~1.2% map with two errors
                          - the remaining map with more errors (or not at all)

HTH
                          B.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                          • seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                          0 responses