No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visualing the alignment on a genome without annotations

Hi All,

I'm working in a lab which uses planaria as a model organism, which have a contig level of genome assembly. I have RNA-Seq data from the same. Now I am trying to visualize the alignment of the reads on the genome. I also want to visualize the transcripts made from the cufflinks assembly of those RNA-Seq reads. The problem is RNA-Seq alignment is using bowtie and Cufflinks transcripts are using blast. Can anyone help me in visualizing the same. I just want to validate that the transcripts alignment on the genome corresponds to the RNA-Seq alignment. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
    Deepak

I you have a bam file from an aligner (you used bowtie, but you should use a splice-aware aligner like tophat or STAR) and a gtf (or gff) from cufflinks, you can use IGV to visualize the alignment and check the annotation created by cufflinks.

Comment

Thank You Nico,

I will definitely try the suggestion. One doubt, does IGV, inputs a genome fasta file or does it have a built in database for genomes? What If I want to put in the EST alignment information, which is a blast?.

Thank you for your time once again.
      Best Regards,
      Deepak

Comment

IGV has several genomes in its database, but it accept also fasta files.

Comment

WHat about the second question?

Comment

you should convert your blast output to gff. Check here http://www.biostars.org/p/277/

Comment

So now I can include this gff also to the IGV viewer and visualise. So does this take care of the exon informations, any clue about that?

Thanks,
              Deepak

Comment

yes, check the IGV manual to have more infos : http://www.broadinstitute.org/igv/

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses