Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tophat: option --read-gap-length not recognized?

Hi,

I'm really new to this so please bear with me if I made some really silly mistakes.

Here's my code for tophat:
    tophat -p 8 --bowtie1 -G path --no-novel-juncs --read-mismatches 4 --read-gap-length 3 --read-edit-dist 2 -o path path &

and it gave me error :
    tophat: option --read-gap-length not recognized

Any advice'd be appreciated thanks!
    Last edited by eric.yu; 07-10-2013, 01:11 PM.

1) What version of tophat are you running.....are you sure you have tophat2? Try typing tophat --version to see what version you have.

2) Secondly, that command wouldn't work anyhow. --read-mismatches and --read-gap-length cannot exceed the value of --read-edit-dist. If you want to set the read-mismatches to 4 an --read-gap-length to 3, then you also have to set the read-edit-dist to 4 or more.
    Last edited by chadn737; 07-10-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chadn737 View Post
      1) What version of tophat are you running.....are you sure you have tophat2? Try typing tophat --version to see what version you have.

2) Secondly, that command wouldn't work anyhow. --read-mismatches and --read-gap-length cannot exceed the value of --read-edit-dist. If you want to set the read-mismatches to 4 an --read-gap-length to 3, then you also have to set the read-edit-dist to 4 or more.

Thanks for your reply.
      It's 2.0.4
      and also tried
      tophat -p 8 --bowtie1 -G $home/Genes/genes.gtf --no-novel-juncs --read-mismatches 4 --read-gap-length 3 --read-edit-dist 4 -o $home/C1_thout3 $home/BowtieIndex/genome $home/Sample_C1.R1_trimmed.fq.gz &

still doesn't run

Comment

Hi Senior Member
        I have used tophat successfully with default functions. however, this time I got problem. How to give commands for read length 101 x 2 with insert sixe 80~380(main 150) ?
        I am totally confused

Originally posted by chadn737 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jp. View Post
          Hi Senior Member
          I have used tophat successfully with default functions. however, this time I got problem. How to give commands for read length 101 x 2 with insert sixe 80~380(main 150) ?
          I am totally confused
          I presume that you've looked at --mate-inner-distance plus --mate-std-dev and are just having a hard time figuring out that the numbers should be. Here are two relevant seqanswer posts that should help:

Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

and

Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I got the answer. negative value can be given for --mate-inner-distance.
            Great help for me, thanks

Originally posted by westerman View Post
            I presume that you've looked at --mate-inner-distance plus --mate-std-dev and are just having a hard time figuring out that the numbers should be. Here are two relevant seqanswer posts that should help:

and

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4355

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses