No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raw sequence short read data

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find raw short read sequence data? By raw, I mean unfiltered, so that the low quality reads from the machines are included in the data set. I heard that in the 1000 genomes database, the data is filtered by quality.

Thanks!!!

Well, NCBI's short read archive is generally the place to be: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sra This is a central depository for data from short read experiments.

Comment

Just in case you didn't know: NCBI will stop the SRA quite soon:
      The following appears on the link you've posted:

Sequence Read Archive (SRA) and Trace Archive repositories have been discontinued

Due to budget constraints, NCBI will be discontinuing its Sequence Read Archive (SRA) and Trace Archive repositories for high-throughput sequence data. Closure of the databases will occur in phases. SRA and Trace will stop accepting some types of submissions in the coming weeks, and all submissions within the next 12 months. Over the next several months, NCBI will be working with staff from NIH Institutes that fund large-scale sequencing efforts to develop an approach for future access to and storage of the existing data. NCBI will continue to support and develop information resources for biological data derived from next-generation sequencing such as genotypes, common variations, rare variations, sequence assemblies and gene expression data. We therefore encourage the research community to continue submissions of these data to the applicable databases, including:

1. RNA-Seq and epigenomic data to GEO
      2. Variants, genotypes, phased haplotypes, and polymorphisms to dbVar, dbGaP and dbSNP
      3. Genomic assemblies to GenBank/WGS
      4. Transcript assemblies to GenBank/TSA
      5. 16S ribosomal RNA and other targeted locus survey assemblies to GenBank

NCBI expects new applications will continue to emerge for next generation technology. We are excited to work with the community to develop strategies for archiving other summary experimental measures that are informative, efficient, and valuable to the biomedical research community.

For further information about submissions, contact NCBI's Help Desk.

Best regards

Comment

ok thanks for your help! However, how do I know whether the reads in the NCBI archive are filtered or unfiltered?

Comment

Hi sweet_dna_girl,

Did you ever finf an answer to your last question? I think the sequences are unfiltered at least for the data set which I downloaded. I plotted Q-score and found some to be extremely poor. However what I have not been able to figure out is information about that adapters that were used. This could help in cleaning out the adapter sequences. Does any one know where the information associated with the adapter for each run of the SRA data is kept?

Regards,

Mbandi

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses