SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New kit: Nextera DNA-Flex Genetic Librarian Sample Prep / Library Generation 7 02-01-2018 11:56 AM
Failed tagmentation reaction for Nextera library? sweetph3 Sample Prep / Library Generation 14 07-21-2016 08:18 AM
Microbial Metagenomics: Nextera. Nextera XT, or TrueSeq to run on HiSeq 2500? robotbanni Illumina/Solexa 3 09-10-2015 11:37 PM
For Nextera mate-pair kit, Is it possible to reduce the tagmentation reaction time? ychang Sample Prep / Library Generation 5 04-20-2014 07:16 AM
Experiences with Novosort zee Bioinformatics 0 09-18-2012 10:22 AM

Old 09-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
UCan'tBcereus

Default Nextera Flex 1/2 and 1/4 Reaction Experiences?

Hi Everyone,

We are about to run through a test of the Nextera Flex kit, and I wanted to see if anyone has had a positive experience cutting down the RXN volume down to 1/2 RXN or 1/4 RXN.

When we use Nextera XT, we cut down to 1/2 RXN and 1/4 RXN successfully with no issues, other than having to experiment a little with DNA input.

I have full confidence that Nextera Flex libraries will work at 1/2 RXN and 1/4 RXN, but I was wondering if anyone has seen how the "no normalization required with >100 ng DNA input" aspect holds up. I.e at 1/2 RXN, has anyone seen that at 50 ng DNA input the library yields are close enough to not require extensive normalization?

Any other Nextera Flex tips that anyone has noticed would be great too. Thanks everyone!

Quick Side Note: After talking to Illumina one of their reps mentioned that 96 Indexes (UDI not combinatorial) will be released sometime next month for Nextera Flex, with 384 UDI indexes being available "early 2019", in case anyone was interested.
UCan'tBcereus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #2
ikripp

We do 1/5 reactions for Flex as we also did for XT before changing over.
They appear to be comparable and we have had no issues.
ikripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #3
thang198

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCan'tBcereus View Post
Hi Everyone,

We are about to run through a test of the Nextera Flex kit, and I wanted to see if anyone has had a positive experience cutting down the RXN volume down to 1/2 RXN or 1/4 RXN.

When we use Nextera XT, we cut down to 1/2 RXN and 1/4 RXN successfully with no issues, other than having to experiment a little with DNA input.

I have full confidence that Nextera Flex libraries will work at 1/2 RXN and 1/4 RXN, but I was wondering if anyone has seen how the "no normalization required with >100 ng DNA input" aspect holds up. I.e at 1/2 RXN, has anyone seen that at 50 ng DNA input the library yields are close enough to not require extensive normalization?

Any other Nextera Flex tips that anyone has noticed would be great too. Thanks everyone!

Quick Side Note: After talking to Illumina one of their reps mentioned that 96 Indexes (UDI not combinatorial) will be released sometime next month for Nextera Flex, with 384 UDI indexes being available "early 2019", in case anyone was interested.
Hi UCan'tBcereus,
Would you please tell me how much input you used for the 1/2 and 1/4 RXN?
Thank you,
thang198 is offline   Reply With Quote