Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gap5 - new release (staden-2.0.0b6)

I'm pleased to announce the latest version of the Staden Package, including Gap5, has been uploaded to SourceForge today. For those that are not aware of it, gap5 (and the predecessor gap4) are sequence assembly editing tools. Although gap5 also functions as a reasonable viewer, the primary goal is to produce an editor.

Download Staden Package for free. A fully developed set of DNA sequence assembly (Gap4 and Gap5), editing and analysis tools (Spin) for Unix, Linux, MacOSX and MS Windows.

This time there are prebuilt binaries for linux (x86_64 and i686 architectures) in addition to the usual source tarball. However note that these may not necessarily be compatible with all systems due to the huge variation between linux distributions.

Example data is included in the binary distributions within the example_data subdirectory, although it's not a huge short-read assembly for practical reasons.

James

PS. Some example screenshots:

The template display with the Y axis configured to sort by insert size. Clearly visible is a mixture of deep sequencing with short inserts and low coverage sequencing with larger inserts (capillary data in this case).

The contig editor with quality scales displayed in grey and differences between sequence and consensus shown in blue.

Is there a way to export a section of the contig with the consensus and all of the reads kept together? I would like to take a section of one Gap5 file and import it into another assembly with all of the reads intact.

Thanks,
    Ash

Comment

You should be able to export a region of a single contig as SAM or BAM, and then rerun tg_index on that SAM file to create a new assembly or append (tg_index -a -n) to an existing one.

Precisely what options are in the File->Export Sequences dialogue will depend on the version of Gap5 you have. (I really need to produce a new distribution as it's been too long.)

Comment

Hello all

Please this is my first time of using staden, my project seems simple, i have done sanger sequecning of some DNA fragments, i used the pregap4 to creat the data base and when i opened it in Gap4, it showed the contig.
        Now my aim is to to verify the mutations, so i clicked the contig editor, i checked the cutoff, show reading quality in short i generally played around with various options including highlight disagreements then i clicked the trace diff option and i saw the overlapping peaks but when i clicked show mutation report an error pops up saying no reference specified.

please what are my doing wrong, i just want to compare the four ABI files WT_1_FRW.ABI WT_1_REV.ABI and MT_1_FRW.ABI, MT_1_REV.ABI.

Please and kindly assist me.

thank you

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
        0 responses