Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFAST submission to SGE script

Has anyone tried the bfast.submit.pl tool to submit jobs to an SGE cluster? If yes, can you provide an example config script?

Dear,
    i have the same problem.
    Did you solve it?
    If yes, please can you shared your script?
    I sent an e-mail to the group with object "Bfast parallel running".
    Thanks a lot

Comment

There is no tutorial and it is meant for advanced users. To obtain the XML schema, use the "--schema" command line option. Modify it appropriately (you may need to read the perl script!) making sure you create an XML file too.

Comment

Hi,

I am trying to run bfast in PBS. The script has to be written in such a way to combine all the steps of bfast into a single PBS script and submit the job. Please help in writing the pbs script to run bfast in cluster computing.

Comment

Originally posted by Venkat View Post
          Hi,

I am trying to run bfast in PBS. The script has to be written in such a way to combine all the steps of bfast into a single PBS script and submit the job. Please help in writing the pbs script to run bfast in cluster computing.
          What is your specific question? What have you already tried? Have you created an XML file according to the schema? Do you have a local bioinformatician that can help?

Comment

Sorry. I do not have a bioinformatician to help. My question is how to run bfast in cluster system. I tried running in local computer it works well with the example. but I am not sure of working with remote cluster machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Venkat View Post
              Sorry. I do not have a bioinformatician to help. My question is how to run bfast in cluster system. I tried running in local computer it works well with the example. but I am not sure of working with remote cluster machine.
              It is beyond the scope here to describe how to run such programs on a remote cluster machine. You will need to contact someone who can help (a bioinformatician, a systems administrator, or someone with the requisite knowledge). Your request is similar to me saying I learned to run a PCR, can you now tell me how to do library preparation for my DNA sequencer?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses