X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace Miseq reagent kit v3 by v2?

Hi all!
    I am very new to NGS.
    I am using Miseq, Veriseq for PGS. It can do 24 samples at the same time, by using Miseq reagent kit V3, 150 cycles.
    I want to run less than 24 sample (ex: 12 samples per run). Could i run 12 samples per run by using Miseq reagent kit V2, 50cycles.
    Thank you a lot!
    Truong

As long as the reduced output still satisfies your need of certain reads per sample it should be fine. You want to go down from 150 cycles to 50 cycles or was that a typo? There may be subtle differences so if you are doing cross-comparisons you may want to keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      As long as the reduced output still satisfies your need of certain reads per sample it should be fine. You want to go down from 150 cycles to 50 cycles or was that a typo? There may be subtle differences so if you are doing cross-comparisons you may want to keep that in mind.
      In one public: Development and validation of a next-generation sequencing–based protocol for 24-chromosome aneuploidy screening of embryos, by Francesco Fiorentino, 2014. They do for this kit. They using Miseq v2, dual in- dex single-end 36 bp reads.

So i think, i can use for our pgs. But we run on less samples (12 samples) replacing 24 samples by Miseq v3 (in the kit).

Could i do so?
      Thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses