Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to I map paired end reads on BLAT?

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I just have a question on how to map paired end reads on BLAT.

I have an SRA file, which were splitted into 2 separate fasta file for each end and I'm stuck on mapping them on BLAT.

How do I need to go about this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Since blat is not PE aware you would essentially need to map them individually. Any particular reason you are using blat and not one of the NGS aligners that know about PE data?

Comment

I am trying to follow along a paper that I am currently reading, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25635456

Comment

I see. Looks like they only mapped R1 with blat and then checked for the presence of a linker barcode in R2 and then used bowtie to map.

Comment

Alright got it. Thanks so much for the help GenoMax!

Comment

Oh by the way, are there any tools that would help me remove the linker barcode? Or would I have to code it myself?

Comment

If it is the same for all reads (and in same spot) then you could use bbduk.sh from BBMap suite using literal=linker_sequence_here option (or cut N bases from front/end of read etc). There is a thread for bbduk here. Search for it.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses