Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VarScan.v2.3.2 output file format problem

I'm using Varscan.v2.3.2 to do somatic variants calling in tumor-normal sample with command below. But the output snp and indel files have different columns between head line(19 columns) and content (23 columns). What do the extra 4 columns mean?

(command:java -Xmx3g -jar VarScan.v2.3.2.jar somatic chr17_N.mpileup chr17_T.mpileup --min-coverage 10 --min-coverage-normal 10 --min-coverage-tumor 10 --min-var-freq 0.2 --min-freq-for-hom 0.75 --somatic-p-value 0.05 --output-snp chr17.snp --output-indel chr17.indel)

chr17.snp
    chrom position ref var normal_reads1 normal_reads2 normal_var_freq normal_gt tumor_reads1 tumor_reads2 tumor_var_freq tumor_gt somatic_status variant_p_value somatic_p_value tumor_reads1_plus tumor_reads1_minus tumor_reads2_plus tumor_reads2_minus
    chr17 6115 G C 0 24 100% C 0 46 100% C Germline 1.0658598000218083E-41 1.0 0 0 4 42 0 0 11 13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chr17.indel
    chrom position ref var normal_reads1 normal_reads2 normal_var_freq normal_gt tumor_reads1 tumor_reads2 tumor_var_freq tumor_gt somatic_status variant_p_value somatic_p_value tumor_reads1_plus tumor_reads1_minus tumor_reads2_plus tumor_reads2_minus
    chr17 565264 A -T 9 7 43.75% */-T 9 14 60.87% */-T Germline 1.1401894182998399E-8 0.23331930373087006 0 9
    0 14 0 9 0 7

Thank you!

extra columns? 23 (from 19)

i'm new to varScan,i have the same issue....

Comment

The last 4 columns are normal_reads1_plus normal_reads1_minus normal_reads2_plus normal_reads2_minus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane M View Post
        The last 4 columns are normal_reads1_plus normal_reads1_minus normal_reads2_plus normal_reads2_minus.
        Thank you for your reply. But in fact, you may not get the point.
        The last 4 columns of the head is the content you mentioned. But the last 4 columns of variation informatin has extra 4 columns which has no corresponding head.

Comment

Originally posted by SD2010Bioinfo View Post
          Thank you for your reply. But in fact, you may not get the point.
          The last 4 columns of the head is the content you mentioned. But the last 4 columns of variation informatin has extra 4 columns which has no corresponding head.
          The last 4 columns of the head are tumor_reads1_plus tumor_reads1_minus tumor_reads2_plus tumor_reads2_minus, not normal_reads1_plus normal_reads1_minus normal_reads2_plus normal_reads2_minus.

If I understand well your question, you wonder what are the values 0 0 11 13 in the .snp file. Am I right?
          In this case, these are normal_reads1_plus, normal_reads1_minus, normal_reads2_plus, normal_reads2_minus : 0+0=0 and 11+13=24 as in chr17 6115 G C 0 24.

Comment

Sorry I misunderstood you.
            I think your explanation is right to the question.
            Thank you very much!

Comment

I'm hereby promoting Jane M to "VarScan veteran". Thanks for the answers!

Comment

Cool!
                It's nice to answer and not to ask questions sometimes!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses