SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Encore NGS Library Systems for Ion Torrent from NuGEN Technologies NuGEN Vendor Forum 1 01-13-2015 09:02 AM
Two New Whiteboard Videos from Ion Torrent IonTorrent Ion Torrent 0 02-17-2012 09:05 AM
Looking for a few NGS-ers willing to share a bad experience about NGS data analysis CHoyt Bioinformatics 8 12-10-2011 12:06 AM
Excellent NGS review: "Sequencing technologies - the next generation" ECO Literature Watch 8 01-14-2010 06:28 AM

Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
frymor

Unhappy Videos or Media for NGS technologies

Hi everybody,
I'm not exactly sure this is the right spot to post this, but I couldn't have found a better place in this forum.

I'm looking for videos, short films, cartoons etc. which can explain live the new sequencing technologies.
I need to do a presentation of the various technologies (454, Illumina, Heliscope, Iontorrent, etc. ) but I couldn't find good video presentations of the system.

Does anyone know about where I can find something like that? Each firm has its own video section, but they are not so good, as I am only looking for videos with the technology itself and not all the rest about the devices, the needs and commercial needs.

Thanks a lot for any help I'll get.

Assa
frymor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
ECO
--Site Admin--

Funny you bring that up.

I am putting together plans to do such a thing, the challenge has been finding a lab or advocate within a lab that will allow it. Volunteers in Northern California welcomed! Better yet I'd love to get the wider community to contribute short videos or pictures of their own systems and lab setups.

Also...moving this to General.
ECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
janejane

I would love to see the videos Eco comes up with.
janejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
Ben Langmead

I found some on YouTube recently. There are some recorded lectures from NIH. This seems most relevant to your question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0vGr...eature=related

But there are many others too; many are available via the GenomeTV YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GenomeTV

I recently posted a (two-part) video talking a little bit about cloud computing and genomics:

http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~langmead/resources.shtml

It's surprisingly easy to make screencasts with programs like iShowU HD.

Hope that helps,
Ben
Ben Langmead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ngs, presentation, short film, technology, video