No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single eukaryote whole genome de novo assembly

Hi everyone

I am doing single cell genomics. However, I am a newbies on bioinformatics.

My sample is single picoeukaryotes from the ocean. I did MDA followed by NGS using Hiseq 2500 PE 150 bp with Nextera libraries preparation.

Here, my questions is
    1) In order to get better assemblies, which trimming tool do you recommend for trim sequences?

2) For single eukaryotes do novo assembly, I did not find suitable assemblers.
    Could you recommend some for me? P.S. I tried several assemblers, like, IDBA_UD, SPADes, however, I can't get long contigs, N50 only around 1500bp.

3) Could you recommend some experts or research center who are professional on de novo assembley?

4) BTW, the genome size of my sample is around 20 Mbp to 40 Mbp according to reference paper.

All my PhD project is stuck here, I wish you could help me out.
    Thank you very much!

Cheers
    Last edited by httzsn; 04-27-2015, 03:54 PM.

Regarding your questions:

1) If you want to trim your sequences (actually I do not recommend it at all) you could use prinseq (http://prinseq.sourceforge.net/) which actually works very well and it is easy to use.

2) I would recommend you to use MIRA assembler followed by manual curation with gap5. This will allow you to control in every moment the contigs you are joining.

At least I would recommend having enough coverage to get good results.

Comment

What kind of coverage do you have, and what's your insert size distribution? Also, posting FastQC results is often helpful.

Sometimes normalization can be quite useful with MDA'd single cells prior to assembly.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses