GATK filter zhangtao13039 Bioinformatics 0 11-08-2012 07:16 PM
About GATK bewlib Bioinformatics 1 11-03-2012 08:00 PM
QUAL vs GQ in GATK kasthuri Bioinformatics 1 06-20-2012 01:01 AM
GATK help! adaptivegenome Bioinformatics 0 01-17-2011 08:01 PM

Old 05-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #1
lre1234

Default GATK - PrintReads

Hi all,
I am trying to use the GATK PrintReads function following the BaseQualityRecalibrator using the following command:

Code:
java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T PrintReads -R Homo_sapiens.fa -I WGS.sorted.IndelRealigned.fixedbam -BQSR recal_data.grp -o output.file.bam -nct 32
The sample is a whole genome ~35X coverage. After starting, it tells me that it will take about 40 hours to complete, is that a correct estimate?
Then after about 12 hours in, the program crashes with an error that says: "There is no space left on the device, so writing failed". We do have plenty of free space available, so I am not really sure what the problem is. Would anyone have any advice for me on this
lre1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
bruce01

My general advice about GATK issues is to try the GATK forum which I have found to be most useful in diagnosing and solving errors.

Specifically this might be an issue with allocating memory, try using the -Xmx[n] for n space allocated to the process?
bruce01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lre1234 View Post
Hi all,
I am trying to use the GATK PrintReads function following the BaseQualityRecalibrator using the following command:

Code:
java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T PrintReads -R Homo_sapiens.fa -I WGS.sorted.IndelRealigned.fixedbam -BQSR recal_data.grp -o output.file.bam -nct 32
The sample is a whole genome ~35X coverage. After starting, it tells me that it will take about 40 hours to complete, is that a correct estimate?
Then after about 12 hours in, the program crashes with an error that says: "There is no space left on the device, so writing failed". We do have plenty of free space available, so I am not really sure what the problem is. Would anyone have any advice for me on this
PrintReads uses many, many intermediate files. You're likely filling up your temp directory with intermediate files, so redirect the temp files to a location with more space.
SWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #4
vishnuamaram

Hey Ire1234,

May be that will be using the space of tmp directory while running this command.

first create a mimic tmp directory in the hard disk and
try to include java -Djava.io.tmpdir=/data/tmp/ -jar

command. That works.
vishnuamaram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gatk, printreads