No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control-FREEC: mouse WES data, with control

Hi,

I am using control-FREEC to analyze a few mouse WES samples to get the CNVs.
    I went through the manual and created config_ctrl file as suggested in the manual and the previous posts here, but I still encounter one error message and I couldn't figure out why.
    Greatly appreciate if anyone can help me with it. Thanks a lot in advance!

Code:
    Control-FREEC v7.2 : calling copy number alterations and LOH regions using deep-sequencing data
    MT-mode using 6 threads
    ..Minimal CNA length (in windows) is 4
    ..Breakpoint threshold for segmentation of copy number profiles is 0.8
    ..Polynomial degree for "ReadCount ~ GC-content" or "Sample ReadCount ~ Control ReadCount" is 3
    ..telocenromeric set to 50000
    ..FREEC is not going to output normalized copy number profiles into a BedGraph file (for example, for visualization in the UCSC GB). Use "[general] BedGraphOutput=TRUE" if you want a BedGraph file
    ..FREEC is going to adjust profiles for a possible contamination by normal cells
    ..set contaminationAdjustment=FALSE if you don't want to use this option because you think that there is no contamiantion of your tumor sample by normal cells (e.g., it is a cell line, or it non-cancer DNA used without a control sample)
    ..FREEC is going to evaluate contamination by normal cells
    ..Note, the Coefficient Of Variation won't be used since "window" = 8000 was set
    ..Step:	2500
    ..Output directory:	/rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/FreeC/pilot/working/results/
    ..Sample file:	/rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/sequenza/pilot/0001-samtools-prep/output/S08.pileup.gz
    ..Sample input format:	pileup
    ..Control file:	/rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/sequenza/pilot/0001-samtools-prep/output/S01.pileup.gz
    ..Input format for the control file:	pileup
    ..File with chromosome lengths:	/rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/FreeC/pilot/control/mouse_chr_y.len
    ..uniqueMatch = FALSE
    ..average ploidy set to 2
    ..break-point type set to 4
    Warning: Parameter '[general] noisyData=true' will not have effect since FREEC won't use BAF information to correct predicted copy numbers
    ..minimal number of reads per window in the control sample is set to 50
    ..File /rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/FreeC/pilot/control/mouse_chr_y.len was read
    ..Starting reading /rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/sequenza/pilot/0001-samtools-prep/output/S08.pileup.gz
    PROFILING [tid=140174374557472]: /rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/sequenza/pilot/0001-samtools-prep/output/S08.pileup.gz read in 155 seconds [fillMyHash]
    260591386 lines read..
    47399307 reads used to compute copy number profile
    printing counts into /rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/FreeC/pilot/working/results/S08.pileup.gz_sample.cpn
    ..Window size:	8000
    ..File /rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/FreeC/pilot/control/mouse_chr_y.len was read
    ..Starting reading /rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/sequenza/pilot/0001-samtools-prep/output/S01.pileup.gz
    PROFILING [tid=140174374557472]: /rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/sequenza/pilot/0001-samtools-prep/output/S01.pileup.gz read in 202 seconds [fillMyHash]
    278748064 lines read..
    68986773 reads used to compute copy number profile
    printing counts into /rsrch1/epi/scheet/PROJECTS/Kadara_Mouse/working/FreeC/pilot/working/results/S01.pileup.gz_control.cpn
    ..will remove all windows with read count in the control less than 50
    Initial guess for polynomial:
    Error: variation in read count per window is too small.
    Unable to proceed..
    Thanks a lot!!!
    Yihua

Apologies if it's unrelated, but since nobody replied yet I just post it:
    I see there is a "sequenza" mentioned in you file path.
    Didn't sequenza worked out for the exome comparison with control?

Comment

Hi, ffavero,

Sequenza works out fine for the normal vs. control. But the results from genome wide plot and chromosome-wise plot are inconsistent, which cause me concerned.
      So I was thinking of trying FreeC.

Yihua

Comment

Hi Yihua,
        what do you mean by inconsistent? Sorry if I drag the thread even more off-topic.
        If you have time to describe the problem I might be able to fix the issue in sequenza (if you want).
        Best
        Francesco

Comment

Hello Francesco,

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been working on some other projects and now just went back and check what I found the "inconsistence" issue in Sequenza. FYI, I didn't carefully go through the paper so I don't know if I misread some part. If I did, it will be really good that you can point it out and help me with Sequenza.

So I ran those recommended processes in Sequenza user guide. But I did two plots, one is the "chromosome.view" function, another is the "sequenza.results" function. I assume the genome wide CN calls from both functions should be very similar. However, when I ran the my mouse WES data sample, I found that the CNV calls from these two functions are different.

Hope you can provide me some insight about better using Sequenza! I really like it is step-by-step user guide!

Thanks!

Yihua

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses