Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A searching of BAM files in Escritorio directory gives the next output:

ubuntu@ubuntu-Compaq-CQ58-Notebook-PC:~/Escritorio/picard-tools-1.128$ ls -lh /home/ubuntu/Escritorio/*.bam
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 83M may 16 19:20 /home/ubuntu/Escritorio/output.bam
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 0 may 17 21:28 /home/ubuntu/Escritorio/OUTPUT=output.bam
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 0 may 16 19:19 /home/ubuntu/Escritorio/test.bam

And showing the first 10 lines of output.bam:

ubuntu@ubuntu-Compaq-CQ58-Notebook-PC:~/Escritorio$ head -10 output.bam
    �BC�U�?K1��Z[�"�����jɿ��
    !>R�5ld�B�4��C��ZI�a��@\?�[�A�K�#���I~/�K���sas�k�������#r!�,9�
    �\h�582
    9嚹�O�&�D

E�FF'�T*�"R211^�5eJ+7���>O�#s���/ez�#3��r"�wK��Hb$Aߍ��fs�'/D悏��-��l^��&��v׌��Qj��nT�+��aN�.�^#6�V��,cwu���,��p��8k����2b0<���ġ��Y�$`�x�Bx�����^������iK
    ������}��F/S��&N>�Ԥ��d���' �}���]�@�>>���^�֖�>GMw��^���Møη��(��o�d܎����޾���˿>���r�_������w�z��-��������}���h��0O�*���/C?��$N��̚<��m��e�~���qYTu]F��nӼ�|�u�U�&uZ�u��A��Q��6��6M�6Ip�M"���G�7�iZ��7o�m�6���m=i~0�ͻ��Y�F���=��<z�
    �>�v���sߟ�~��I7��؏��[�����'k�p;Y��n���~�MV7Y
    /�^��~�N<��&�~<>�y����������_��;���E������u��ES�a�D�5��i�I��6
    �m]�a��aӆe6UV�ESn�2���-�ڪ���H\i��Qĸ�u��g�Uש�Q]���eې�m�����$W9���U�T�����\�L-'����
    ��uWϽ*�u_<��ʳ={w���"������!�%qA̔TOY+�Ad{���0仇��<��!OS7���.��L��@G?~���>}�lP��$Κ� J��w�2��:�%Tiă�W~�U�qR��[�>~&q�C�y�@���i�4�2�2��iu��9��<y��{�옖{0]�����t����fm��}w���gO�{��&^��.
    ���X<Z���Q׮��pxUgh�����$R��B?g�L�Ntuߍ|�QA�tݼ���hQ�vZ��w�u<����:z�h��QٔE�a�5������jYiA�Y��3��8�#�ȯ��� O�o��6=��(o�M@���I�Y4�ʄ �τ�@��5�@��Ɔ|��o�B��렞=��W6�rq��,*���t.�q�Kw��x>_��8\��ۙ�u��eλ���m/���D�� 'Q�Y� �MP�
    ��:
    )M��96v�n;9z)����O��?��>~�׻�o?Y�U��q�yٶ��eU�@�Ҳ�3
    )�p9�5m�WE��� B����LJծZ�m´-��qۤa\�Y���ǥ����*�u�&m��ُ*�����Jz��'W�yg���5��{�
    +�O��Q�%�f��q����ݵ�����mfϬ�z��f���ϯ)��^�KM��v69{��ӿac�l���ћD
    �����8�۶̂���(ڠ�m��F��M��}�Rhf����Bk�6���ƶ���`�����8m�Aؖm�Tu҆P��I��ߗ��<�HMS�Ӧ�-��}��t7���}u�����*5�J��u�r]^)����;"`������]�d�޳��n�ݨ��\l8���v!3��A9e� I\F�M���O��gyjܝ�=��Ƌ���_��I�����3�"*`
    �*ZVծ�C���
    ��`[���i�*����ʣ*��
    o+#X�&)�������874������"���\��v���w:d�B����n<j��M���'�h�ǟ#���7�"�H���iakDŽƯ��ij2Q�U
    �����y��� �a�8`����X�@K����^�E�O�����w���/�&�Ҭ����Ac��`���2j�E������A�fPe�Cu�q��Y�r�Ngz.>���F
    ^ ��8�[���G՝Du����y߉�^t0j��PK@�n/ͦq�
    �۶9�ٛ
    ���wg�]����ju�Q��IP��H�wK�"��4#(���@U�w�h��u�&Q��/ Z���9��#�K�6��q���ۖUQI�jY��֧�oY���8

W�G�l링Af���A�TAV۪�����e��[ْa����^��R�G���C�a៩�cz��:�����Ыrͮ&�{��\\�|�/�Y�1�n���܃�ɥ�h�Н�g�a8JG��k�h�,����_������s��t��R������AewrP�[<��ny~��'K^��D����IK4

Thatś right or wrong?

Waiting for your answer,please, thank you very much.

Juan M.

Comment

• @Juan M: bam files are binary data so you can't read/view them directly (a text file command like 'head' will not work). That is the reason you only saw garbled data on screen (and your last post was tagged as spam since you pasted that data in). So what you have does look like a binary bam file.

I was hoping that @ulz_peter would chime in by now on a possible update to the manual.
      Last edited by GenoMax; 05-20-2015, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• Thank you GenoMax.

Please, could you send me the new updated manual(or advise me to download it) when it was available?

Thankś again.

Juan M.

Comment

• Thank a lot for the document.
          I have a suggestion here. You can use cutadapt software after FastQC if the quality of the sequenced reads is not good.

Comment

• ERROR MESSAGE: Invalid command line: Malformed walker argument: Could not find walker with name: IndelRealigner

having same error again and again. i have tried updating java , also i have latest GATK 3.7. can any one help me ?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses