Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Blogging from Marco Island Next Gen Sequencing conference?

There appears to be a lot of excitement about the Marco Island conference this year? Are there any Seqanswers members attending who can update the rest of us?

Rock on, I was just about to post this. I will put this out on the RSS feed and see if we can drag some people in!

Hope you don't mind if I edit your title before I put it out there!

Comment

I see that Anthony Fejes is live-blogging AGBT
      Last edited by pmcget; 02-08-2008, 01:02 AM.

Comment

...and Jonathan Eisen

Comment

Have Agilent announced their array enrichment plans yet? I hear it's nearly kitted and ready for release?

Comment

Ben Blackburnes presentation from AGBT on slideshare.net

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
              Have Agilent announced their array enrichment plans yet? I hear it's nearly kitted and ready for release?
              What is kitted? The long oligos for the whole exonome? I think Nimblegen is more ready to release their "kit".

Comment

Originally posted by seqer View Post
                What is kitted? The long oligos for the whole exonome? I think Nimblegen is more ready to release their "kit".
                Sorry. I meant that some information I have (via Agilent reps) tells me that they are about to release an enrichment methodology that has been refined to the degree that it will be available in "kit" format (ie...reagents plus enrichment oligo sets).

It was a big secret from Agilent reps, that would be annouced at Marco Island.

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
                  Sorry. I meant that some information I have (via Agilent reps) tells me that they are about to release an enrichment methodology that has been refined to the degree that it will be available in "kit" format (ie...reagents plus enrichment oligo sets).

It was a big secret from Agilent reps, that would be annouced at Marco Island.
                  Thanks ECO! Has anyone heard anything from agilent at AGBT? If anyone could give a brief summary of AGBT, that would be really awesome!

Comment

Just found the following here:

“We prepare a labeled derivative of Agilent’s oligo libraries to use for direct capture of target sequences by hybridization. The method is highly multiplexed, with a simple, efficient and inexpensive laboratory process, thus overcoming the sample preparation bottleneck.”
                    So it's a solution phase capture array. Figured they would move away from that Church gap-filling/circularization method.

Seems like this will make hybridization time and cost much less than a Nimblegen capture array, especially if they amplify the pool of oligo's after they are cleaved from the chip.

Comment

PacBio Highlight

The highlight of AGBT had to be the first public presentation from Steven Turner at Pacific Biosciences - a fitting way to close a great meeting. Here's more on what young Steve and his PacBio pals are up to:
                      Kevin Davies
                      Author, The $1,000 Genome

Comment

Has anyone announced dates for AGBT 2009?

Comment

Agbt 2009

The dates are February 4-7, 2009. See www.agbt.org
                          Kevin Davies
                          Author, The $1,000 Genome

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                          • seqadmin
                            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                          0 responses