No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRBS 5ng multiplexing

Hey everyone,

I succeed in RRBS protocol following Nature protocol, using low amount of DNA. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?...tion+profiling

My problems started when I tryed Barcode adapters for multiplexing (from Truseq Kit). I followed the same protocol just changing the adapters and primers. 2 things happened:

- I got this huge band adapter size. I diluted the primers 3x and it keeps happening.
    - I tryed a different approach ( from other protocol) where I bisulfite converted the DNA, amplified it (6 cycles), then went to the gel size selection step , and finally did more 12/14 cycles. This way, I am able to cut the adapters away. But following this I got almost nothing after final PCR amplification.
    - Not to mention the smear is shorter when compared to smear from no barcode adapters, even the gel cut being exactly the same.

Has anyone succeed using 5ng or less to multiplexing?

Ops I meant, I diluted the adapters 3X

Comment

Bridged amplification & clustering followed by sequencing by synthesis. (Genome Analyzer / HiSeq / MiSeq)

It seems that switching from Gu et al., Nature protocols, 2011 to TruSeq adapters could be a problem. So, how can I perfom Muliplexing for RRBS samples?

Comment

I never used 5ng DNA but TrueSeq Adapters in generall are not a problem. OK, still we get more Adapter dimer. Next time I will use less Adapter. This is even more important when you use only 5ng. But it is really crucial that you carefully follow the general instructions for the TruSeq Library Prep when it comes to gel extraction. And run the gel very very slow! You may also consider to adjust the PCR parameters to those suggested for the TruSeq library prep. Finally have a look at this protocoll: http://genomebiology.com/2012/13/10/R92 Maybe we can just to it in a different way! This also looks good.

Comment

Thxs CR.

Why should I run the gel very, very slow?

This link you sent me (gel free), the concentration of TruSeq (stock) adapters metioned on the text is right?

Comment

I did not test the gel free protocol yet. I always had adapter dimers in the final library when the gel was running too fast and I never had this problem with the old PE adapters

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses