SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
find ORFs for cufflinks assembled transcripts jiexiong Bioinformatics 1 05-08-2014 12:26 PM
Tophat: find junction spanning reads thurisaz RNA Sequencing 4 11-14-2011 04:23 AM
does tophat rescue PE reads that do not map by aligning a single end of the PE? zorph Bioinformatics 0 09-09-2011 02:14 PM
TopHat & Cufflinks failing to assemble full length transcripts jlhaner Bioinformatics 3 10-13-2010 10:46 AM
How to use short reads to find transcripts and non-coding RNA chengeng Bioinformatics 1 07-31-2009 12:40 AM

Old 07-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #1
janec

Default Reads map in Tophat, but Cufflinks doesn't find transcripts

I'm trying to analyse some RNA-seq data for the first time. We are looking for novel non-coding transcripts that are expected to (mostly) be unspliced of low abundance.

With that in mind I've managed to set up Cufflinks so it accurately reports some of the known transcripts from our region of interest, but it fails to report transcripts for adjacent sites which also have reads mapping to them, sometimes at apparently higher coverage.

I've been running cufflinks with the parameters:
-F 0 -j 0 --min_intron_lgth 1 --min-frags-per-transfrags 1

Any input into this would be most welcome, as I would like to report back to my colleagues asap.
janec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cufflinks, non coding, rna seq