SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RNA-Seq: Detection of splicing events and multiread locations from RNA-seq data based Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 10-26-2011 02:50 AM
RNA-Seq: wapRNA: a web-based application for the processing of RNA sequences. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 09-08-2011 02:00 AM
RNA-Seq: ExpressionPlot: A web-based framework for analysis of RNA-Seq and microarray Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-30-2011 03:00 AM
RNA-Seq: A multiplex RNA-seq strategy to profile poly(A(+)) RNA: Application to analy Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 04-26-2011 04:00 AM
RNA-Seq: SAW: A Method to Identify Splicing Events from RNA-Seq Data Based on Splicin Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 08-14-2010 02:00 AM

Old 02-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
apratap

Smile Application of PacBio based cDNA data in RNA-Seq analysis

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to know how people are using cDNA sequence data obtained from PacBio. Just curious to see and understand downstream applications in conjunction to Illumina cDNA data. Any relevant papers that you could point me to would help too.

PS : cross posted on biostar to get more visibility and hopefully responses

Thanks!
-Abhi
apratap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:54 AM   #2
maubp
Peter (Biopython etc)

Where's the URL for the biostar cross post?
maubp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
apratap

Hi maubp

hers the URL for biostar corss posting.

http://biostar.stackexchange.com/que...a-seq-analysis

-Abhi
apratap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
jnfass

I'm having trouble finding bioinformatics protocols for doing this too. The problem seems to be that most tools (scripture, PASA?, IsoInfer, Inchworm, IsoEM, NSMAP, MISO are most of what I've looked at) seem to depend on spliced alignments produced by, e.g. Tophat. But the only tools that align PacBio reads well (PB's BLASR, and BWA's bwasw command) don't produce spliced alignments, as far as I can tell.

Let's add the terms isoform inference, alternative splicing, transcript, exon, splice junction, to improve search results for this thread.
jnfass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
jbingham

You might look at pacBioToCA and P_ErrorCorrection. They can be used to error correct PacBio reads using Illumina reads. Then the polished reads can be input to a wider variety of tools and you may be able to get spliced alignments.
jbingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
mchaisso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfass View Post
I'm having trouble finding bioinformatics protocols for doing this too. The problem seems to be that most tools (scripture, PASA?, IsoInfer, Inchworm, IsoEM, NSMAP, MISO are most of what I've looked at) seem to depend on spliced alignments produced by, e.g. Tophat. But the only tools that align PacBio reads well (PB's BLASR, and BWA's bwasw command) don't produce spliced alignments, as far as I can tell.

Let's add the terms isoform inference, alternative splicing, transcript, exon, splice junction, to improve search results for this thread.
Hi, right now we're using GMAP to produce spliced alignments. It's a bit slow, but it is fairly sensitive for single pass raw pacbio reads (not ccs and not error corrected), and produces SAM output that is easily integrated into analysis pipelines. The only problem I've seen so far is some merging of exons.

I'd be happy to hear of any analysis of GMAP.

BLASR does not handle spliced alignment.

Should I cross post on biostar?
mchaisso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pacbio, rna-seq